• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Killface's Naga Temple

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Here's my first terrain. Tell me what you think of it.

Attachments

• Terrain2.jpg
    Terrain2.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 191
  • Terrain3.jpg
    Terrain3.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 234
  • Terrain4.jpg
    Terrain4.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 178
  • Terrain5.jpg
    Terrain5.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 163
  • Terrain6.jpg
    Terrain6.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 238
  • Terrain.jpg
    Terrain.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 191
Level 34
Not great to be honest. Decent for an early terrain. You need to use fog and you need to learn to place doodads better.

Level 6
Do you like it?

To tell you the truth, no. When I envisioned this, I thought of something much different. Problems arose among the appearance of the lack of stairs. Sadly, when I used stone blocks as stairs it was to dark and didn't match the cliffs. The jungle appears very half-a$$ed to me. The doodads weren't placed correctly, thus it just looked like one big, confusing jumble of doodads.The edges of the shallow water looked very strange for being perfectly straight and so shallow.

Level 28
To tell you the truth, no. When I envisioned this, I thought of something much different. Problems arose among the appearance of the lack of stairs. Sadly, when I used stone blocks as stairs it was to dark and didn't match the cliffs. The jungle appears very half-a$$ed to me. The doodads weren't placed correctly, thus it just looked like one big, confusing jumble of doodads.The edges of the shallow water looked very strange for being perfectly straight and so shallow.

You said almost everything. You forgot to say that the line between the water and the sand at the beach is too correct. You must use the raise tool with a large circular brush, so it will look better.

The tile variation lacks...

You need more train.

Status
Not open for further replies.