• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Kill leaderboard -doesent work properly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Well I am making a TD and I have a problem with my leaderboard . Its supposed to count kills it count Red kills when he kill (I donut know for other players haven't tested yet) but it counts a kill to player 1 red when a creep die from trigger like when it reaches the end region the creep dies from a trigger and the leaderboard counts it to red kills?

There maybe some mistakes cause I used a tutorial for other type of map just changed a bit the leaderboard and i saw some unused action for player 12 brown but i don't think it makes the problem.

Attachments

• Leaderboard.bmp
    391.8 KB · Views: 78
  • Update Leaderboard.bmp
    311.2 KB · Views: 69
Level 35
Firstly... your condition in your second pic isnt needed.. you have already made it registrer unit by player brown dies, so no need to make a conditions saying it has to be player browns unit...that would only be needed if you used unit - unit dies event

But to your question:
Does I understand you right when saying the problem is it also counts the units killed by trigger, when units reaches the end point?

If so you can do either of two things:
One make a condition saying unit is not in (killing region/end point)

or make it count kills, which means make a condition saying, owner of killing unit equal to user/player.
Set blabla (the kill string) to blabla for owner of killing unit...

Hope this is what you menat, else correct me or tell if you need me to post the precise triggers, not just writting then overall...

But anyway conclusion, correct conditions is needed

Level 2
I mean when a unit die from a triger it counts it to player 1 red kills i cant make the first because units die not only in END region from a trigger and the second is a lot of writing i will do it if there are no more suggestions but i will wait to see.

Level 35
I think you misunderstod my post....

The first one will reguire you to add all regions where a unit dies, (where it is not player kill) in a TD that would maximum be about 3-4 places...

The other one.... a lot of writing?? :confused:
You do no what I said means you include one trigger to check if the killing unit was controlled by a player, and if not, not do the action (changing the leaderboard you made)....that add of condition will prevent triggers from count, so realy cant see the lot of writting, maybe I wrote it a bit unclear. As already said.. if you want me to post triggers of it, tell.

Level 9
well, i'm not sure
the trigger in the screenshot tell "kills[Player number of (owner of (killing unit))]"

its doesn't works... and i don't know why
(maybe "owner of killing unit" return 1 for trigger kills, bad blizzard)

but i'm pretty sure that change ownership of unit just before killing is a simple way to fix his problem because trigger detect a particular player's unit death.

Level 2
Thanks a lot to all i solved my problem by changing kill to remove but now i will think witch is better kill or remove because I can use both you solved my problem thanks again :)

Status
Not open for further replies.