• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Kil'jaeden the Deceiver

I got motivated enough to make some demon model. And here he is, the Demon lord, Kil'jaeden. Made with lesser polygons as much. Hope people will use it. Give credits and enjoy.
Update1: The legs are now taller and bigger. A little change to the chest and arms to make him look bulkier, the scars are now sepparated. Changed the texture of the horns (Thanks to FersZ for the suggestions).
Contents

Kil'jaeden the Deceiver (Model)

Kil'jaeden the Deceiver_Portrait (Model)

Reviews
The_Silent
Moderation: Works ingame.
Level 17
i some how like the old jaden more but the overall model has but one weeknes his face and legs are bad in my looking

Last edited:
Level 10
For those who don't know, Stefan based it off the upcoming boss battle for patch 7.2 in WoW:

602359.jpg

As for the model itself: Love the execution and ingame textures, however his legs look a little tiny. I'm sure in his busy schedule he can afford to miss legday but that's where you can help, right? ;P

A couple tweaks to the legs, maybe making them a little longer and the knee pads more visible would push it to perfection and after that, honestly I'd recommend it for DC due to its accuracy to the ingame model and attention to detail.

5/5 sir (would give you rep but I already did recently)

I don't like this model, because the face is agape like a frog, the beard doesn't make sense (and doesn't even match with the one you were trying to do) the tail is deformed and doesn't even stay in one place at the base, the horns are badly wrapped.. and, unless the hive viewer is quirky like usually, many of the green details aren't green at all, so one gets a mixed feeling about the model

edit: oh and he ain't even nearly compacted/buffed as he is in that screenshot in the comments, which means you probably have to do some armor/body resizing to look better

Level 3
I like the concept, but doesn't his hips look a little bit "slim"?

He doesn't look threatening as he is supposed to be.

Maybe add more muscle to him.

But overall.

5/5

Level 10
The new trailer for patch 7.2 came out today and it predominantly features Kil'jaeden throughout the video. It might help in fixing the thinness of the models legs or give additional inspiration:

Level 5
For those who don't know, Stefan based it off the upcoming boss battle for patch 7.2 in WoW:

602359.jpg

As for the model itself: Love the execution and ingame textures, however his legs look a little tiny. I'm sure in his busy schedule he can afford to miss legday but that's where you can help, right? ;P

A couple tweaks to the legs, maybe making them a little longer and the knee pads more visible would push it to perfection and after that, honestly I'd recommend it for DC due to its accuracy to the ingame model and attention to detail.
True
3/5 afterall, Im going to rate 5/5 when it has been done :)

Level 50
maybe the jungle beast's horns or wendigo's? or the same mushroom tree but blighted or simply recolored? I personally used the wendigo's horns but It wasn't for Kil'jaeden but for another eredar. However you can try them ;)
I was planing to use that textures in the beginning but I think they do not fit the character well. I'll see some other texture. Thanks for the suggestions, though.

Level 10
What texture are you suggesting for the horns then? I'll fix the scar thing.
Nice job mate! Although the horns texture doesn't fit very well and maybe you could cut the scars, so that they could be just on the eyelid and not over the eye itself.
Still a very nice Job. Excellent choice for the armor ;)

Don't take out the scars. :c That's what sets him apart from any old eredar. Aside from the wings of course.

I suggest keeping the scars but making his eyes slightly larger. They look chinky as of right now

Level 8
awesome model. But I think you should either make his hands more claw like or move his arms so they could be closer to body. I would prefer the second option though cuz he would look more dominating that way.

and I guess everyone would expect the same success with face as you did with your magnificent Velen. Since face has pretty much the same mesh I guess?

Still the best Kil'jaeden model ever though.

Last edited:
Level 50
awesome model. But I think you should either make his hands more claw like or move his arms so they could be closer to body. I would prefer the second option though cuz he would look more dominating that way.

and I guess everyone would expect the same success with face as you did with your magnificent Velen. Since face has pretty much the same mesh I guess?

Still the best Kil'jaeden model ever though.
I didn't want to make fingers mesh because of the file size, I always care to 'spend' as low polygons as possible. The fingers are hardly visible in game anyways. The face is modified from in game Eredar model as I was having hard time doing one from scratch.

Level 51
Plesae rewrwap that face back to the normal eredar texture. With enough work and small corrections it can look really well without looking like... this (I can't really explain it but it's a mess, sorry).

Also, fix his proportions. It looks like he's in stockings and afraid of stepping onto something on the ground. See that bulky, epic stance the wow model has? Try to imitate that.

I know that you tried to imitate the bandages on the back of his feet, but right now it looks like you forgot to switch the texture. If you're going for that way, make the armor 3d so it is recoginzable as a different mesh, if you know what I mean ^^

Oh and a few more vertexes for the wings, or even a new, from scratch mode pair would fit the model way better. The doomguard wings texture on the dreadlord model is just a lazy solution.