• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Key Arrow Movement System

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Custom scripts by: Winkycow
All other function made by me.

Enjoy this key arrow movement system :)
(no jass)

Keywords:
warcraft 3 frozen throe key arrow movement system no jass
Contents

Key Arrow Movement System (Map)

Reviews
20:42, 23rd May 2011 ap0calypse: Rejected
Level 28
You have posted a system in the maps section.
It doesn't belong here...

Aside from that: the system is very basic.
The timer intervals should be increased to every 0.03 seconds, the camera triggers could easily be combined (or at the very least improved), you should only need 1 loop for all movements (you do need 2 triggers for each direction though).
The entire "Sprint System" category should be removed and integrated in the "System" category (this is as easy as creating a variable for the speed).
The Sprint-trigger itself should run on a timer, NOT waits! Waits are horrible, especially when you use them the way you did.

I wouldn't upload this in the spells-section either (where it should've been uploaded in the first place), as it will get rejected either way.

Level 2
You have posted a system in the maps section.
It doesn't belong here...

Aside from that: the system is very basic.
The timer intervals should be increased to every 0.03 seconds, the camera triggers could easily be combined (or at the very least improved), you should only need 1 loop for all movements (you do need 2 triggers for each direction though).
The entire "Sprint System" category should be removed and integrated in the "System" category (this is as easy as creating a variable for the speed).
The Sprint-trigger itself should run on a timer, NOT waits! Waits are horrible, especially when you use them the way you did.

I wouldn't upload this in the spells-section either (where it should've been uploaded in the first place), as it will get rejected either way.

Thanks the help, I make a trigger as very complicated r..r

Level 28
Shouldn't be very complicated. Just good, efficient.

You should only have 9 triggers for the entire system: 8 arrow key events, 1 timer that handles everything (spells such as sprint not included).
That should make the system more configurable (easier to use for other people) and more efficient.

Level 2

You should only have 9 triggers for the entire system: 8 arrow key events, 1 timer that handles everything (spells such as sprint not included).
That should make the system more configurable (easier to use for other people) and more efficient.

Okay, ty :)
THis was my first Key Arrow Movement system, so It's not perfect. But I will try fix :)

Level 2

And can I upload my system pack: It's contains music, kick, ban, security level, ac-130. (with dialog) And I made the triggers on a [4] player map, so it's can be multiplayer too :D