• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Kalindor Forest

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
This a 1 V 1 map that I have created.
The map is divided into two parts by a river and it is possible to reach the other side by a way gate.
There is a tavern on each side of each player and there is fountain of power and dragon roost in the middle which is reachable only by a zaplein.
so i hope you enjoy the map
Contents

Kalindor Forest (Map)

Level 23
It works as a melee map, however I do consider this to be of approval quality.
When you create a melee map, pretty much the only 2 things you need to worry about are terrain visuals and terrain balance.
> As a general rule, I should not be able to clearly see where your texture brush strokes are.
> Another general rule; try not to have repeating doodads of the exact same variation.

And even if these things were not an issue, the map is overall very basic; with no outstanding visual theme or overall plan to it.
- Moved to too simple.

Level 23
> Your ashenvale canopy trees, there is a large block of them, of the exact same variant in a perfectly straight row.
> "Ok but what do you mean by"not be able to clearly see where your texture brush strokes are."" With your ground textures, its very obvious where the brush strokes you used are, big blocky noticeable diamond shapes on the map.

Considering the size of map you had to terrain, these 2 flaws are not acceptable.

Level 23
Ok ty, I will consider these changes
And is the map balanced?

Technically it is balanced.
However even if you fixed the above issues, I still would not approve the map.

With melee maps you only need to do 2 things.
1) Have a reasonably balanced map
2) Terrain that looks good and or is interesting

Its very easy to get 1 correct, and many people have tried flooding the submission board with half-assed maps (not pointing fingers) on the account that they are balanced melee maps and therefore "approval worthy"
Because it is so easy to make a map that fits criteria 1, you must go the extra mile to make your terrain really good (IMO).

If you're interested, I suggest studying blizzard melee maps and see whether you can make a map that can pass off as one.