• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Jungle Gate

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
This is the first map i ever uploaded.
It's a melee map with 4 players.
In the middle there is a gate that you need to destroy to get to the other side and attack the other players.
Please comment and tell me what you think! ^^

EDIT1: Removed trees from starting locations, added some height variation and removed the gate.
I kept some dead trees at the starting locations because i still wanted there to be some kind of tree there.

Keywords:
Melee, map, sunken, ruins, sunken ruins, melee map, first, ^^
Contents

Jungle Gate (Map)

Reviews
01:00, 6th Aug 2009 Linaze: The terrain isn't too pretty, mainly because of the lack of doodads and the random ruins tile everywhere. Furthermore, the starting locations are to rectangular and should be more quadratic or else it could be hard to have...

M

01:00, 6th Aug 2009
Linaze: The terrain isn't too pretty, mainly because of the lack of doodads and the random ruins tile everywhere. Furthermore, the starting locations are to rectangular and should be more quadratic or else it could be hard to have room to build an entire base in there without having some buildings 20sec away from your town hall. There were also way too many drops, I mean, every creep dropping an item? That's just ridiculous. Finally, the description here at the Hive could and should be improved as currently it contains very little information and no screenshots or other eye candy whatsoever.

Level 3
Just had a quick go on this, the map looks good but the terrain has hardly any hieght variation, once you get past the starting area the terrain becomes completely flat, changing this will make it alot nicer.

The starting area was also annoying as if you play as the night elves like i was, there is no path out of the starting area unless you make a path for yourself, this lead only two ways out that would be to use ancients to slowly eat the trees or make siege weapons to cut them down, setting a path would make it easier to explore and the ai can act stupid and they wont cut themselves out of there.

This map has potential but the terrain is lacking at the moment, and if your playing on your own you need to have a clear path for the ai or they will get stuck, this may also include getting rid of the gate as the ai players will not attack it. but apart from that great map :)

Level 3
Just had a quick go on this, the map looks good but the terrain has hardly any hieght variation, once you get past the starting area the terrain becomes completely flat, changing this will make it alot nicer.

The starting area was also annoying as if you play as the night elves like i was, there is no path out of the starting area unless you make a path for yourself, this lead only two ways out that would be to use ancients to slowly eat the trees or make siege weapons to cut them down, setting a path would make it easier to explore and the ai can act stupid and they wont cut themselves out of there.

This map has potential but the terrain is lacking at the moment, and if your playing on your own you need to have a clear path for the ai or they will get stuck, this may also include getting rid of the gate as the ai players will not attack it. but apart from that great map :)

Yay, a comment!:D
I'll fix the height variation right away, and i'll remove the trees blocking the starting area.
I'll also remove the gate.
Thanks for the "review".:grin:

Level 31
you do not improve your map description as I have told.

This is the first map i ever uploaded.
It's a melee map with 4 players.
In the middle there is a gate that you need to destroy to get to the other side and attack the other players.
Please comment and tell me what you think! ^^

EDIT1: Removed trees from starting locations, added some height variation and removed the gate.
I kept some dead trees at the starting locations because i still wanted there to be some kind of tree there.

honestly enough, this is not even a description at all.

Level 14
Free Review said:
Jungle Gate is the first uploaded map by ZaZer. It is a 4-players melee map that could be best played as 2v2. The tileset used is Sunken Ruins.

There are 8 goldmines on the map - 4 for the starting locations and 4 additional. The huge amount of trees ensure that you won't run out of wood while preparing an attack against the opposite player. There are also 4 Goblin Merchant shops.

The map is symmetric with only one route connecting the both halves of it. What I recommend you is to download, try, enjoy and criticize. Thank You!

May I help you?