• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Jumping Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I have made this trigger to hopefully give my unit a relatively realistic jump, but for some reason, he ends up jumping ridiculously high. Can anyone help me to get him jumping at the intended 1?

For some reason, I seem unable to copy the triggers in sc2 as text, so, the trigger turns off gravity, creates a unit at the position of the jumping unit, sets the created unit height to one, raises the jumping unit to the height at the position at the created unit, waits o.6 seconds, then turns gravity back on.

Level 9
Your problem may be is that your checking the height at or height of point that your unit is at, if so, you need to subtract out the base height of the map in order to get the proper height to be applied to your height offset variables. Most maps have a base height of 8.0, so if you check the height of the point at the position of unit, then it will return 8.0 + relative terrain height, which if set to your units height offset, will put it way the hell up in the air.

As Darkness said, most maps have a 8.0 height base, and by simply setting the height of the created unit, you are setting a single height in which the unit will jump. No matter what size hill he is on, he will always jump to that height.
Also, try just screenshotting your trigger, cutting out the part that is important, then upload it to a sight such as photobucket.com, then post it here.

Level 4
Thanks! That probably is my problem. Also, my maps's base height is 10. Lol, my guy is jumping 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.