• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Jump System [Paladon]

Self-explaining.

Jump System, created due to a request.
MUI etc.
In fact, too simple. I don´t really dare to upload it.
Thanks to TheBlooddancer for persuading me.

Keywords:
Jump, System, High,
Contents

Jump n´ Dash System [Paladon] (Map)

Reviews
12:27, 8th Feb 2009 Hanky: Advice: 5 points are the highest rating and 1 point is the lowest rating. Documentation: 5 Visual Effects: 5 Triggering: 5 Idea: 4 Perfect GUI Triggering, everything leakless, system is MUI and good...
Dynasti
:D Good job anyways :P Edit: This rewiew was done by Dynasti. If you have any questions about this review, please contact me by using PM or Profile Visitor Message Idea/Creativity : 4/10 Scripting : 8/10 Balance : N/A/10 Ability Tooltip ...
Level 5
Can someone explain the math in this? I'm trying to create something similar to this but I can't seem to understand how the jump works in this map.
  • Set JD_RealTimer[JD_Integers[3]] = (JD_RealTimer[JD_Integers[3]] + (180.00 / (JD_Distances[JD_Integers[3]] / JD_SpeedUnits[JD_Integers[3]])))
  • Set JD_JumpHigh[JD_Integers[3]] = ((Sin(JD_RealTimer[JD_Integers[3]])) x JD_HighSettings[JD_Integers[3]])
  • Animation - Change JD_Unit[JD_Integers[3]] flying height to JD_JumpHigh[JD_Integers[3]] at 1000000000.00

Level 5
Hi, just tried implementing your system.
On its own, it works flawlessly, easy to understand how to initiate the jump and such.

The issue i'm having is that i want to use this jump as a part of an other ability, namely a shapeshifting ability, and i've got no clue as where I should initiate the jump or my own shapeshift. If I initiate the jump after my spell has played out, he jumps to the center of the playable map. If i try to initiate my transform at different spots in your jump trigger, he falls to the ground and slides to the targeted location.

Where can i place my own triggers to be part of the jump spell as to not mess things up?
Can I use a dynamic wait timer to cast my spell at the end of the jump? If yes, how would i go about doing that?

Great work! Thanks for sharing :)

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
Hi, just tried implementing your system.
On its own, it works flawlessly, easy to understand how to initiate the jump and such.

The issue i'm having is that i want to use this jump as a part of an other ability, namely a shapeshifting ability, and i've got no clue as where I should initiate the jump or my own shapeshift. If I initiate the jump after my spell has played out, he jumps to the center of the playable map. If i try to initiate my transform at different spots in your jump trigger, he falls to the ground and slides to the targeted location.

Where can i place my own triggers to be part of the jump spell as to not mess things up?
Can I use a dynamic wait timer to cast my spell at the end of the jump? If yes, how would i go about doing that?

Great work! Thanks for sharing :)
I wouldn't expect a response from the creator. The creator of this was last seen on Hiveworkshop Aug 13, 2015 and this resource came out 6 years before that. I'm sure you can find a more up to date system than this one, Warcraft 3 has changed a lot since then.

That being said, Shapeshifting abilities change the Unit so any variables that were linked to the casting unit will have lost their link. (EDIT: Apparently variables aren't lost when morphing) You'd have to update those or better yet delay the Shapeshifting until the unit lands from their jump. You can always play the Shapeshifting Animation during the unit's jump and then when they land apply an Instant morphing effect.

Last edited:
Level 5
I wouldn't expect a response from the creator. The creator of this was last seen on Hiveworkshop Aug 13, 2015 and this resource came out 6 years before that. I'm sure you can find a more up to date system than this one, Warcraft 3 has changed a lot since then.

That being said, Shapeshifting abilities change the Unit so any variables that were linked to the casting unit will have lost their link. You'd have to update those or better yet delay the Shapeshifting until the unit lands from their jump. You can always play the Shapeshifting Animation during the unit's jump and then when they land apply an Instant morphing effect.
From my experience with the shapeshifting so far, it doesn't seem to change the unit, but definitely the unit type. When i cast my ability, i use a varialbe to store the triggering unit and then call it again after the transformation has happened, it still refers to the same unit.

As for updating the variables in his spell to once again refer to my unit, or simply place or delay the shapeshift until i land, i really don't know how to do that to be honest. I can't follow his triggers, it's too advanced for me :D

Thanks for the reply though, i'll see if i can solve it somehow.

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
From my experience with the shapeshifting so far, it doesn't seem to change the unit, but definitely the unit type. When i cast my ability, i use a varialbe to store the triggering unit and then call it again after the transformation has happened, it still refers to the same unit.

As for updating the variables in his spell to once again refer to my unit, or simply place or delay the shapeshift until i land, i really don't know how to do that to be honest. I can't follow his triggers, it's too advanced for me :D

Thanks for the reply though, i'll see if i can solve it somehow.
Hmm, I remember Morph effects not playing nice with variables but I guess not. Anyway, the center of the map is the default location for when a Point doesn't exist, so that could be what's happening here. For example, if the trigger was setting a Point in front of the casting unit and that unit changed it could default to the center of the map instead. I suppose I can clear this up if I actually take a look at the system.

Edit: I got it working in the attached map. What I did:
  • The morphed unit didn't have the Storm Crow Form ability which is necessary for a non-flying unit to have flying height. You can actually add/remove the ability and the unit will "permanently" gain flying height capabilities. I added this to the alternate form unit.
  • The system was forcing animations to play which conflicted with the morph animation. I disabled these.
  • I order the Hero to cast it's Morph ability in response to casting Jump. This will make it transform while it's jumping.

Attachments

• Jump [Paladon] Bean.w3x
    42.6 KB · Views: 1
Last edited: