• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Judgement Strike [Paladon]

I know, you waited for it.

I proudly present
Judgement Strike
[vJass]

This spell is dedicated to Eccho, Eleandor, Hanky and Dynasti who helped me to get my JNGP working properly.
This spell is created due to a Spellchallenge between Dynasti and me.
A great additional credit goes to Dynasti who taught me the usage of structs.

Judgement Strike
Uses arcane powers to throw a unit over the hero dealing damage in an area upon impact.
Level 1 - Deals 75 impact damage in an area and additionally 8% of the travelled distance in direct damage to the target.
Level 2 - Deals 150 impact damage in an area and additionally 16% of the travelled distance in direct damage to the target.
Level 3 - Deals 225 impact damage in an area and additionally 24% of the travelled distance in direct damage to the target.

*Fixed a leak in the Background System (not spell-related).
*Fixed a couple of smaller flaws.
*updated to work with the current Wc3 patch

Keywords:
Magic, Arcane, Blood, Telekinesis, Spell, Force, Gravity,
Contents

Judgement Strike (Map)

Reviews
23:15, 2nd Jun 2009 hvo-busterkomo: The scripting was pretty good, and the effect was nice, too. My only complaints are the ones I posted earlier today (see my post), before I was able to moderate this.
Level 17
The effect and everything is alright, but I have a few complaints:

1. The timer interval should be configurable as a constant.

2. A small lack of efficieny.

JASS:
        local real xc = GetUnitX(c)
        local real xt = GetUnitX(t)
        local real yc = GetUnitY(c)
        local real yt = GetUnitY(t)
        call Spell.GetValues(c,t,Atan2((yc-yt),(xc-xt)),(SquareRoot((xt-xc)*(xt-xc)+(yt-yc)*(yt-yc)))*2,GetUnitAbilityLevel(c,SpellID))

You might as well do something like this:
JASS:
        local real dx = GetUnitX(c) - GetUnitX(t)
        local real dy = GetUnitY(c) - GetUnitY(t)
        call Spell.GetValues(c,t,Atan2(dy, dx),SquareRoot(dx*dx+dy*dy)*2,GetUnitAbilityLevel(c,SpellID))

Level 8
Ummm I cant open the map... Even if I put it straight in the Maps folder in War3. It has no player slots.... Only says Unberschrieben under the map. Did I spell that right? Im guessing Paladon is German....? Does that just mean "No Description" in American?
I tried what Howl2000 said, It broke the other trigger when I did it. So, strange..... I wish I could see it in action. :(
Sounds cool

Last edited:
Level 19
same hear
just downloaded it opened it in we and it didn't run
then i thought "ok it's some jass thing why not stuff it into wc3 itself"
same there
it just wont start
(when clicking on start nothing happens but the screen slides down again)

and to the gui/jass question:
jass ppl actually ARE better
and
gui is fun because of having to improvise everything and making some funny workarounds :>
(and coding with the mouse only is much more comfortable and faster if you know where to click)