• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • ✅ The POLL for Hive's Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Vote for the TOP 3 SKINS! 🔗Click here to cast your vote!

[Trigger] Judgement (Spell)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
The spell i am designing is in 2 parts.
1. Building up charges.
2. unleashing charges.

1. The building up charges is supposed to be that when you cast an ability (with no target. like animate dead) it builds up 1 charge. animations and stuff appear on his weapon. Also, the strength of the unleashed charges is based on his stats when he last used his "build up charge" ability.

2. when he attacks and contains charges, he unleashes one charge per attack. It damages the unit he attacks, and all enemies for a small distance for damage based on his strength and intelligence from when he last built up a charge. (as i mentioned) while at the same time healing himself and allies around him for a small distance based on his intelligence from when he last built up a charge.

also, once he runs out of charges the animations on his weapon should disappear.

now... unfortuntaely it doesnt work. I am not sure why.

Here are the two triggers.

• Marshal Charge
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • And - All (Conditions) are true
        • Conditions
          • (Ability being cast) Equal to Name Pending -1 Grand Marshal
          • Judgement_int Less than 3
    • Actions
      • Set Judgement_caster = (Triggering unit)
      • Set Judgement_stat_int[1] = (Strength of Judgement_caster (Include bonuses))
      • Set Judgement_stat_int[2] = (Intelligence of Judgement_caster (Include bonuses))
      • Set Judgement_stats[1] = (Real(Judgement_stat_int[1]))
      • Set Judgement_stats[2] = (Real(Judgement_stat_int[2]))
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the overhead of Judgement_caster using Abilities\Spells\Items\ResourceItems\ResourceEffectTarget.mdl
      • Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • Judgement_int Equal to 0
        • Then - Actions
          • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the overhead of Judgement_caster using Abilities\Spells\Orc\EtherealForm\SpiritWalkerChange.mdl
        • Else - Actions
          • Do nothing
      • Set Judgement_int = (Judgement_int + 1)
and here is the second trigger that unleashes the charges.

• Marshal Judgement Attack
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is attacked
    • Conditions
        • Conditions
          • (Attacking unit) Equal to Judgement_caster
          • Judgement_int Greater than or equal to 1
    • Actions
      • Set Judgement_target = (Attacked unit)
      • Set Judgement_target_point = (Position of Judgement_target)
      • Set Judgement_Caster_point = (Position of Judgement_caster)
      • Selection - Select (Units within 250.00 of Judgement_target_point matching (((Triggering unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of Judgement_caster)) Equal to True)) for Player 1 (Red)
      • Set Judgement_unit_group[1] = (Last created unit group)
      • Custom script: Call DestroyLocation(udg_Judgement_target_point)
      • Selection - Select (Units within 250.00 of Judgement_Caster_point matching (((Triggering unit) belongs to an ally of (Owner of Judgement_caster)) Equal to True)) for Player 1 (Red)
      • Set Judgement_unit_group[2] = (Last created unit group)
      • Custom script: Call DestroyLocation(udg_Judgement_Caster_point)
      • Unit - Cause Judgement_caster to damage Judgement_target, dealing Judgement_stats[1] damage of attack type Spells and damage type Fire
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the origin of Judgement_target using Abilities\Spells\Demon\DarkPortal\DarkPortalTarget.mdl
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in Judgement_unit_group[2] and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Set life of (Picked unit) to ((Life of (Picked unit)) + (Judgement_stats[2] / 2.00))
          • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the origin of (Picked unit) using Abilities\Spells\Human\Heal\HealTarget.mdl
      • Custom script: call DestroyGroup(udg_Judgement_unit_group[2])
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in Judgement_unit_group[1] and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Cause Judgement_caster to damage (Picked unit), dealing (Judgement_stats[2] / 2.00) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Fire
          • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the origin of (Picked unit) using Abilities\Spells\Human\Heal\HealTarget.mdl
      • Custom script: call DestroyGroup(udg_Judgement_unit_group[1])
      • Set Judgement_int = (Judgement_int - 1)
        • If - Conditions
        • Then - Actions
          • Special Effect - Destroy Judgement_specialE
        • Else - Actions
          • Do nothing
also, what "origin" do i type in if i want the special effect to be on the paladins hammer? cuz i am not sure what its called.

Level 7
oh yes. thanks.

but when i click "enable" the map disappears when i try and test it.

see attachment.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    183 KB · Views: 127
Level 12
How about try to click the "Test Map" (Ctrl + F9)? Or maybe try switch your version of your Warcraft to the newer version or older version using WVS (Warcraft Version Switcher)

I just want to comment some in the trigger.
During charge,
Use A unit starts the effect of an ability instead of begins casting an ability.
When being attack after charged,
I suggest you to use custom script "set bj_wantDestroyGroup" instead of select it as mckill2009 commented.

Besides, don't use index unless it's necessary. Separate it to 2 different variables instead.

Have you stored anything in this variable yet?
Remove
  • Do nothing
Just let it nothing there, it's similar to do nothing.

Last edited:
Level 7
pardon my ignorence, but i have never used custom script outside of the call destroyblahblah_(udg_bvlahblah). Do i simply type that script in or do i have to modify things to adapt it to what the trigger requires?

also, whats indexing?

and yes i did store something in the vairable.... NO wait. no i didnt. my bad, i thought i did.

that's not possible coz many people are testing it...what version are you using?...

indexing and hashtables can make your spells/triggers awesome, because it can make your spells MUI...MUI spells can be casted by different units at the same time without interrupting each other, so you should learn them...but I suggest you to learn vjass immediately, since GUI has limitations and vjass can make your map 1000% better...

Level 12
To TheAncient:
The custom script "set bj_wantDestroyGroup = true" will help you to remove the group after you use it. You just need to put this trigger script above a trigger that you used to pick unit.
For example,
  • Custom script: set bj_wantDestroupGroup = true
  • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 250.00 of casterpoint matching (((Matching unit) is alive) Equal to True)) and do (Actions)
    • Loop - Actions
      • Unit - Cause (Triggering unit) to damage (Attacking unit), dealing 500.00 damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
In this above trigger, you don't need to create a unit group and store it into variable. You just need to pick it and continue with your action. It will automatically remove it after using.

Indexing is making the variable to variable with array. By making it to array, it have a lot of functions especially in making it to MUI (Multi unit instanceable) but it cannot be simply use because of ... <Sorry, I forgot the reason :p> (Ask Bribe). Anyway, just try not to use array. You should change this
  • Set Judgement_stat_int[1] = (Strength of Judgement_caster (Include bonuses))
  • Set Judgement_stat_int[2] = (Intelligence of Judgement_caster (Include bonuses))
to
  • Set Judgement_stat_strength = (Strength of Judgement_caster (Include bonuses))
  • Set Judgement_stat_intelligence = (Intelligence of Judgement_caster (Include bonuses))
Use different variables instead of using only 1 variable but with array unless you're going to make it MUI (Multi unit instanceable)

I suggest you to learn vjass immediately too. It's efficient and great! I currently trying to learn it too ><
Beginning JASS Tutorial Series by wyrmlord

Level 7
    • Events
    • Conditions
        • Conditions
          • Judgement_int Greater than or equal to 1
    • Actions
      • Set Judgement_unit_group[1] = (Units within 300.00 of Judgement_target_point matching (((Owner of (Matching unit)) Not equal to (Owner of Hero_Marshal)) and (((Matching unit) Not equal to Judgement_target) and ((((Matching unit) belongs to an ally of (Owner of Hero_Marshal)) Not equal to
      • Custom script: Call DestroyLocation(udg_Judgement_target_point)
      • Set Judgement_unit_group[2] = (Units within 300.00 of Judgement_Caster_point matching (((Owner of (Matching unit)) Equal to (Owner of Hero_Marshal)) and (((Matching unit) Equal to Judgement_caster) and ((((Matching unit) belongs to an ally of (Owner of Hero_Marshal)) Equal to True) and ((
      • Custom script: Call DestroyLocation(udg_Judgement_Caster_point)
      • Unit - Cause Judgement_caster to damage Judgement_target, dealing Judgement_stats_str damage of attack type Spells and damage type Fire
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the origin of Judgement_target using Abilities\Spells\Demon\DarkPortal\DarkPortalTarget.mdl
      • Custom script: set bj_wantDestroupGroup = True
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in Judgement_unit_group[2] and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Set life of (Picked unit) to ((Life of (Picked unit)) + Judgement_stats_intell)
      • Custom script: set bj_wantDestroupGroup = True
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in Judgement_unit_group[1] and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Cause Judgement_caster to damage (Picked unit), dealing Judgement_stats_intell damage of attack type Spells and damage type Fire
        • If - Conditions
        • Then - Actions
        • Else - Actions
This is the updated version. unfortuntaly the same problem occurs. i cannot see the map when i try to test it in any form. singleplayer, test-map, or multiplayer.

when this one trigger is offline, everything works fine.

Level 12
I've done with your spell but not MUI because it seems that you haven't learn MUI yet so I afraid you won't understand which make it hard to adjust anything.
Thus, I made it in a simple trigger.
Anyway, I've tried it and it works perfectly (only for a single caster of course) on my Warcraft III version 1.26 but if you still unable to see the map, then I can't help anymore :(

First of all, you need to make 2 abilities.
One is for the Judgment spell which is based of an instant spell and the other one is based of "Sphere" ability which it act as an attachments/special effects for the unit. In the sphere spell, adjust the "Art - Target" and "Art - Target attachment points" to the special effects that you want.

Description

Store energy to the hand of the caster. Whenever the caster attack, it damages all nearby enemies based on his Strength and heals all nearby allies based on his Intelligence.
Damage to the target: Strength of the caster
Damage to nearby enemies: Strength of the caster divided by 2
Heal amount to nearby allies: Intelligence of the caster divided by 2
Here goes the triggers:
[trigger=cast]cast
Events
Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
Conditions
(Ability being cast) Equal to Judgment
Actions
If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
If - Conditions
J_cast Equal to False
Then - Actions
Set J_cast = True
Unit - Add attachment to J_caster
Trigger - Turn on release charge <gen>
Else - Actions
Set J_caster = (Triggering unit)
Set J_casterpoint = (Position of J_caster)
Set J_damagepower = (Real((Strength of J_caster (Include bonuses))))
Set J_healpower = (Real((Intelligence of J_caster (Include bonuses))))
Special Effect - Create a special effect at J_casterpoint using Abilities\Spells\Human\Resurrect\ResurrectCaster.mdl
Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
If - Conditions
J_store Less than 3
Then - Actions
Set J_store = (J_store + 1)
Floating Text - Create floating text that reads +1 above J_caster with Z offset 0.00, using font size 10.00, color (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%), and 0.00% transparency
Set J_floattext = (Last created floating text)
Floating Text - Change J_floattext: Disable permanence
Floating Text - Set the velocity of J_floattext to 64.00 towards 90.00 degrees
Floating Text - Change the fading age of J_floattext to 0.50 seconds
Floating Text - Change the lifespan of J_floattext to 2.00 seconds
Game - Display to (All players) the text: (String(J_store))
Else - Actions
Floating Text - Create floating text that reads +0 above J_caster with Z offset 0.00, using font size 10.00, color (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%), and 0.00% transparency
Set J_floattext = (Last created floating text)
Floating Text - Change J_floattext: Disable permanence
Floating Text - Set the velocity of J_floattext to 64.00 towards 90.00 degrees
Floating Text - Change the fading age of J_floattext to 0.50 seconds
Floating Text - Change the lifespan of J_floattext to 2.00 seconds
Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_J_casterpoint)
[/trigger]
[trigger=release charge]release charge
Events
Unit - A unit Is attacked
Conditions
(Attacking unit) Equal to J_caster
J_cast Equal to True
Actions
Set J_attackerpoint = (Position of (Attacking unit))
Set J_target = (Attacked unit)
Set J_targetpoint = (Position of J_target)
Unit - Cause (Attacking unit) to damage J_target, dealing J_damagepower damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
Special Effect - Create a special effect at J_targetpoint using Abilities\Spells\Demon\DarkPortal\DarkPortalTarget.mdl
Custom script: set bj_wantDestroyGroup = true
Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 250.00 of J_targetpoint matching ((((Matching unit) is alive) Equal to True) and ((((Matching unit) is Magic Immune) Equal to False) and (((Matching unit) Not equal to J_target) and (((Matching unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of (Attacking u and do (Actions)
Loop - Actions
Set J_pickedenemy_point = (Position of (Picked unit))
Unit - Cause (Attacking unit) to damage (Picked unit), dealing (J_damagepower / 2.00) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
Special Effect - Create a special effect at J_pickedenemy_point using Abilities\Spells\Demon\DarkPortal\DarkPortalTarget.mdl
Custom script: set bj_wantDestroyGroup = true
Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 250.00 of J_attackerpoint matching ((((Matching unit) is alive) Equal to True) and (((Matching unit) belongs to an ally of (Owner of (Attacking unit))) Equal to True))) and do (Actions)
Loop - Actions
Set J_pickedally_point = (Position of (Picked unit))
Unit - Set life of (Picked unit) to ((Life of (Picked unit)) + J_healpower)
Special Effect - Create a special effect at J_pickedenemy_point using Abilities\Spells\Items\HealingSalve\HealingSalveTarget.mdl
Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_J_pickedenemy_point)
Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_J_pickedally_point)
Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_J_targetpoint)
Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_J_attackerpoint)
Set J_store = (J_store - 1)
If - Conditions
J_store Equal to 0
Then - Actions
Set J_cast = False
Unit - Remove attachment from (Attacking unit)
Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
Else - Actions
[/trigger]

Level 7
Ok, the one thing i cannot find in all of that is "add attachment to j_caster". ive looked all over the gui area, and i cant find it anywhere.

Also, wouldn't it leak if the Unit-Group loops cause a large number of points without each loop ending in a RemoveLocation?

so this is the latest update. all that is missing is the attachment thing u mentioned.

• Marshal Charge
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Name Pending -1 Grand Marshal
    • Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • judgement_boolean Equal to False
        • Then - Actions
          • Set judgement_boolean = True
          • Trigger - Turn on Marshal Judgement Attack <gen>
        • Else - Actions
      • Set Judgement_caster = (Triggering unit)
      • Set Judgement_stat_int_Str = (Strength of Hero_Marshal (Include bonuses))
      • Set Judgement_stat_int_intell = (Intelligence of Hero_Marshal (Include bonuses))
      • Set Judgement_stats_str = (Real(Judgement_stat_int_Str))
      • Set Judgement_stats_intell = (Real(Judgement_stat_int_intell))
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the overhead of Judgement_caster using Abilities\Spells\Items\ResourceItems\ResourceEffectTarget.mdl
        • If - Conditions
          • Judgement_int Less than 3
        • Then - Actions
          • Set Judgement_int = (Judgement_int + 1)
          • Floating Text - Create floating text that reads +1 above Judgement_caster with Z offset 0.00, using font size 10.00, color (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%), and 0.00% transparency
          • Set judgement_floatingtext = (Last created floating text)
          • Floating Text - Change judgement_floatingtext: Disable permanence
          • Floating Text - Set the velocity of judgement_floatingtext to 64.00 towards 90.00 degrees
          • Floating Text - Change the age of judgement_floatingtext to 0.50 seconds
          • Floating Text - Change the lifespan of judgement_floatingtext to 2.00 seconds
        • Else - Actions
          • Floating Text - Create floating text that reads +0 above Judgement_caster with Z offset 0.00, using font size 10.00, color (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%), and 0.00% transparency
          • Set judgement_floatingtext = (Last created floating text)
          • Floating Text - Change judgement_floatingtext: Disable permanence
          • Floating Text - Set the velocity of judgement_floatingtext to 64.00 towards 90.00 degrees
          • Floating Text - Change the age of judgement_floatingtext to 0.50 seconds
          • Floating Text - Change the lifespan of judgement_floatingtext to 2.00 seconds
    • Events
    • Conditions
        • Conditions
          • judgement_boolean Equal to True
    • Actions
      • Unit - Cause Judgement_caster to damage Judgement_target, dealing Judgement_stats_str damage of attack type Spells and damage type Fire
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect at Judgement_target_point using Abilities\Spells\Demon\DarkPortal\DarkPortalTarget.mdl
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 250.00 of Judgement_Caster_point matching ((((Matching unit) is alive) Equal to True) and (((Matching unit) belongs to an ally of (Owner of (Attacking unit))) Equal to True))) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Set judgement_aoepoint_ally = (Position of (Picked unit))
          • Unit - Set life of (Picked unit) to ((Life of (Picked unit)) + Judgement_stats_intell)
          • Special Effect - Create a special effect at judgement_aoepoint_ally using Abilities\Spells\Human\Heal\HealTarget.mdl
          • Custom script: Call RemoveLocation(udg_judgement_aoepoint_ally)
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 250.00 of Judgement_target_point matching ((((Matching unit) is alive) Equal to True) and ((((Matching unit) belongs to an ally of (Owner of Judgement_caster)) Equal to False) and (((Matching unit) Not equal to Judgement_target) and (((Matching and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Set judgement_aoepoint_enemy = (Position of (Picked unit))
          • Unit - Cause Judgement_caster to damage (Picked unit), dealing Judgement_stats_intell damage of attack type Spells and damage type Fire
          • Special Effect - Create a special effect at judgement_aoepoint_enemy using Abilities\Spells\Human\Heal\HealTarget.mdl
      • Custom script: Call RemoveLocation(udg_Judgement_target_point)
      • Custom script: Call RemoveLocation(udg_Judgement_Caster_point)
        • If - Conditions
        • Then - Actions
          • Set judgement_boolean = False
          • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
        • Else - Actions

Level 12
Ok, the one thing i cannot find in all of that is "add attachment to j_caster". ive looked all over the gui area, and i cant find it anywhere.
Well, of course you can't find it. "attachment" is an ability based on a "sphere" ability. This ability act as the special effects when you still have the charges. As you can see in my trigger that I do remove the ability once it reach 0 which means it remove the special effect when the charges reach 0.

Also, wouldn't it leak if the Unit-Group loops cause a large number of points without each loop ending in a RemoveLocation?
It won't. You picked only once and the 1 point refers to each and every points of the units. If you're going to pick it many times like using "every 0.03 seconds" to pick it. Then you need to remove it once after you picked it else you can remove it at the end of trigger.
For example,
  • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 250.00 of Judgement_Caster_point matching ((((Matching unit) is alive) Equal to True) and (((Matching unit) belongs to an ally of (Owner of (Attacking unit))) Equal to True))) and do (Actions)
    • Loop - Actions
    • Set judgement_aoepoint_ally = (Position of (Picked unit))
    • Special Effect - Create a special effect at judgement_aoepoint_ally using Abilities\Spells\Human\Heal\HealTarget.mdl
If it still can't works, then I guess I try to send my file to you. If you still can't see it then I have no choice. You gotta try download this http://www.dota-utilities.com/2009/09/warcraft-patch-version-switcher-120-121.html Try changing the version of you Warcraft III and give it a try. =)

[EDIT]: File sent to you through pastebin =)

Level 12
Sorry I don't have.. How about MSN?
still can't see it.
You mean you can't the map? or you can't get what I meant?

erm... Go to Object Editor ---> Abilities ---> Create custom ability
Search for an ability called "sphere" in Units category
Create the ability and name what you like.
In the trigger, i named it "attachment" so that you know that that's a special effect for the hero.

• If - Conditions
    • J_cast Equal to False
  • Then - Actions
    • Set J_cast = True
    • Unit - Add attachment to J_caster
    • Trigger - Turn on release charge <gen>
  • Else - Actions
In the above trigger, I check whether the hero still have charges. "false" means the hero still don't have any charges. When the hero cast the ability and got charge(s), I set it to "true" and add the ability called "attachment".

• If - Conditions
    • J_store Equal to 0
  • Then - Actions
    • Set J_cast = False
    • Unit - Remove attachment from (Attacking unit)
    • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
  • Else - Actions
In this trigger, when there are no charges left, I set it to "false" which means the hero don't have any charge left. Then, I remove the "attachment" ability and lastly, I turn off the trigger (triggers are recommended to turn off when not in use).

Level 7
the map isnt seen. thanks for the sphere thing cuz ive never messed with sphere before, i always believed it to be useless.

im gonna try working off your trigger map now.

msn works. i use Yim so it should work.

just use the email i sent ya.

and i imported your version and started changing variables to what i already have, ill disasble my versions and see if yours work. although honestly i dont see any real difference.

after test: ok. i found that your version allows me to see the map. (i know cuz i disabled all triggers but yours.)
but for some reason it doesnt heal allys or damage enemies other than the primary target. o.0 at least not that ive noticed. ill make the animations larger cuz i might not be seeing the stat change properly among the battle.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 12
Don't double post =) The "Edit" button at the right bottom is there for reason.

but for some reason it doesnt heal allys or damage enemies other than the primary target. o.0 at least not that ive noticed. ill make the animations larger cuz i might not be seeing the stat change properly among the battle.
Hmm... weird. I've tested it before I uploaded and it worked for me. But I guess you can solve it by yourself, d'you? It's just only a minor problem. Maybe you didn't change something in the checking when picking up the units. If can't then PM me =)

Status
Not open for further replies.