• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Journey to the Earth v1.0a

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
  • Angry
Reactions: bounty hunter2
My first cinematic, please don't be too hard on me.

Story: While wandering around the Moon, a comet came and sucked Axl into it and landed him on an unknown town which angered.....

Credits:
==========Models==========
WILLTHEALMIGHTY - Comet
WILLTHEALMIGHTY - Ice Sparks
JetFangInferno - Healing Water
JetFangInferno - Earth Nova
Elenai - Frozen Fountain
Elenai - BloodElvenArchCleric
Tranquil - Royal Captain
Thrikodius - Moon
Mr. Bob - Tribal Camp (Havent come out)
Norinrad - Panderan Geomancer
wingednosering - Night Elf Archer (Havent come out)
==========================

I accidentaly deleted this resource when I try to upload yesterday, so I repost again.
Please comment as well =)

Update:
Remade terrain, conversation, dialog and etc.

Keywords:
Journey to the Earth Cinematic
Contents

Journey to the Earth v1.0a (Map)

Reviews
20:45, 13th Jun 2009 Rui: The map has received two ratings of 1/5 (Unacceptable), and there are no updates to this resource since its submission date. As such, it is Rejected(until updated).

M

20:45, 13th Jun 2009
Rui:
The map has received two ratings of 1/5 (Unacceptable), and there are no updates to this resource since its submission date. As such, it is Rejected(until updated).

Level 12
-Techo song doesn't fit
-Many black empty backgrounds
-Panda goes into the boat but he's almost bigger than the boat
-Panda is asked to go to talk with the mage and he find the mage by himself with no idea about who this mage is.
-Panda gets stuck on island but can see the shore from there so he should be able to swim there.
-Too much randomness like god kills a cheater and two nuts shooting at eachother.

+Special Effect

Panda=Axl

Overall: 1/5

Level 31
1) Description - Description at this site was ok, even though it could be better.

2) Terrain - It was lacking and have a few wrong selection. You use blight for a village terrain? That isn't the wise choice for village terrain.

To top up with, all your cinematic scene could clearly seen the edge of the map. Avoid making the terrain at the edge of the map.

3) Camera - Camera movement was poor and 80% of the time it stay frozen whenever there is a conversation, this make the entire cinematic dull and boring.

The camera where the witch unleash a destruction upon the ship and zoom in to Elyvia was the worst part of the camera movement.

4) Music - The music stop and there is no any other music been play after the end of introduction till the crediting scene.

5) Sound & Sound Effect - At some scenario, it lack of proper sound effect. When it rain, there is no sound of rain at all.

6) Fog - You did not use a single fog, this make the edge of the map clearly visible.

7) Scripting/Triggering - Trigger isn't too efficient, it lack of some cinematic setup and contain a few flaw that cause the camera movement to be negative. The same goes to fade filter and fog effect.

It seems like the fade filter was seen to fade out and fade in before it switch camera. You should have it completely fade out, switch camera and fade in. Not fade out and fade in before the camera view was change.

Also, avoid having the camera switch before the entire cinematic has fade out.

8) Replayability - The replayability values almost none. The camera often froze or switch suddenly, have bad angle and static movement.

95% of the time was just a conversation without anything interesting. I was wondering why there is a marine inside this cinematic as well.

Just take a look at this 2 error.

1.jpg

Set wrong size or file size for the image.

As for this image below, it was a clear sign of the edge of the map is visible.

2.jpg

From the quality of the work, this resources is 2/5 (Lacking) from user standard and 1/5 (Unacceptable) from staff standard.