• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Joining Chat trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 32
It's probably related to one or more settings on your local side of the equation, RED BARON. Are you operating form behind a router or software firewall? Either of those could inhibit your ability to connect to the chat room.

What web browser are you using? What operating system? Can you post a screen shot of the error(s) you're getting?

<!-- Thread moved to Bug Report Forum -->

Level 35
Ya I tried that ink.. and it said done.. but it does it anyway...

Cant show a picture of the error... it just stands there... then says timeout reconnecting
so on..

And no never had problems before...

The green dot just stays there... no blinking...

avent tried a different browser though, but it should work with IE.

Also I would prefer to stick to IE... and havent got any new firewalls or similar since it worked... so that shouldnt be the trouble...

frostwhisper

Media Manager
Level 49
He most probably has the same problem I do.
It's not the browser's fault (I've tried them all). It's not the computer's position's fault (I've unsuccessfully tried to enter from three cities in my country).
Two of these three comps were, however, operating through a wireless router. The third one wasn't.

Level 35
Trying firefox... hopefully that can also fix some problems I have with IE browser when creating websites

Using firefox made it even worse... the design of the site look really crappy in firefox.. and cant enter chat anyway.

see how it looks:
show.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.