• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Joe's Quest 1.5

Contents

Joe's Quest 1.5 (Campaign)

Reviews
VGsatomi: Approved. Sequal to Map MedGuy's Joe's Quest series. An excellent addition to an excellent campaign.

M

VGsatomi: Approved. Sequal to Map MedGuy's Joe's Quest series. An excellent addition to an excellent campaign.

Level 3
Good as always, MapGuy. I hope to see the next one soon, my mind is tingling of excitement! Joe was funny as ever, and Kalimdor was beautiful! Nice job with the Diablo model and the Indiana Jones music too.

Level 4
OMG BEST CAMPAIGN. Usually all the others are ok fighting stuff but this is an awsome fun exciting campaign loved the part with the peguin (hope he still alive) but only thing that I thought that needed a little more work was that pequin part it was pretty touch trying to stay alive with the goblin comtraprion thing bit it was awsome overall full of adventures and also the models and amazing music that went with it the camera was alittle anoying but I got use to it. What els yeah can't wait ti'l the next come out plz makeit longer I give.
9.9123456789/10

Level 2
bug with Middle of Nowhere. Replacement valve doesn't work (i tried buying and getting from the house. When i reach the 'Oil rig' it doesn't do anything.

Level 2
Good Campaign but in a part it is united to me when I must receive instructions of joe and I cannot follow it! : (

Level 1
Hey I'm stuck on the middle of nowhere level I went to the oil rig and the underground with the rats and got out and bought the hydrospanner now what?

And for some reason one of the quest objectives appears twice.

Also why are level jumping cheats disabled? Its very annoying to be stuck like this.

Level 2
Nice sequel! the sub-level is really fun!

Encountered some bugs at Oggi's quest same as the bug encountered by Gyrosphinx, when I killed Locke and Loade nothing happened.

Also, when I attacked the gnoll base, the fog of war was removed just like typing 'iseedeadpeople' only not.

It was still very good! nice! 5/5 also, I don't know if this is done on purpose but Wally can't "swim" and kill crocodile men xD

Level 4
Well, it is not as awesome as the first was, but still, it still rocked. It was very funny 'n stuff. I really liked it. I think nobody can blame me if I still hope for Joe's Quest 2, even tho there are like 10% chances to be ever made. Pray to Med. MapGuy haha! So, I give it 4/5, if there was no Ogre's Quest then I would've gave it 5/5. I found many, many, MANY bugs on that map, so many that I just can't find any reason to write 'em. I won't waste my time because I know there will be no fix. The only bug that really needs to be telled is the one that made me quit finishing the map. The one that happens when the Ogre bastards come to destroy your lab, suddenly you find yourself surrounded by ogres and your quest is to kill the boss ogre (Locke and something was his name, I forgot). And you kill him pretty easy, but then nothing triggers. Nothing happens and you find yourself stuck in the Lab, with no exit and no "Quest Completed". And believe me, I did everything right.

I've made playthrough videos, you can find the playlist below. There are 2 videos. 1 with the campaign, and 1 with the "bonus scenario" with Ogre's Quest. You will find there all the bugs, if you're interested.
LINK

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
The camera shots are at times impressive.
The length of the cinematic scenes almost could have turned this instead of a campaign into a movie

lev1:
-the doctor goblin model shrinks and grows and so on
-some camera shots during gameplay will not show the hero and the enemy
-the player can send Joe using the minimap
-when returning from the mine Joe says he lost experience when in truth from level 3 he had 5
-there is a duplicate of the valve requirement for the main quest
-the Timmy doll is also name Wally Doll
-Sandworm Jim could have been a boss...
-the Summoner's first transmission had the Pitlord portrait in the scene before Wally and Joe get out to fight the trees
-the camera is annoying when fighting the trees
-the market cannot be entered; how are the heroes supposed to regenerate? Waiting isn't that fun

lev2:
-the Penguin can attack other Dungeon Gates but not the one that locks up Joe?
-the quest updates saying the Penguin has to return to Joe but the log has no discovered quests
-the Dungeon Gates locking up goblin contraption machines can be destroyed by the Penguin before hitting the three levers guarded by the Ratbolg
-hints shouldn't be so solving
-try putting the music through its proper channel not the one for sound
-Joe doesn't start with full health when fighting Ratcor
-there are no quests in the log after the first one
-Ratbolg guards from previous rooms weren't eliminated after the scene with mass suicide

lev3:
-the Ogre can walk on water in the north
-the southwestern forest blockade is only removed after meeting the bear
-Wally remains selected during the cinematic scene where you meet him
-there's no need for a dialogue button that serves as a title for the ones under it
-Wally has Immolation instead of Summon Bear
-spoke to Panday, then to the Ogre Magus. Tried speaking to Panday again and the cinematic scene just remained on. Pressed ESC and the heroes disappeared...
-the map remained all discovered after the trolls blowing up the rocks scene
-the Catapults attack the same place with no real target
-Transmute and War Stomp have the same hotkey T
-skipping the Panday scene will teleport the ogre to the rock festival; the dialogue buttons continue to appear even though the cinematic mode was supposedly skipped
-level is linear; speaking to Panday opens up the way to the elf
-the enemy ogres are just waiting outside...
-Oggi remained invulnerable after the scene where they talk about fighting the ogres
-killed all ogres; nothing happened