1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The raddest synthwave tracks were chosen - Check out our Music Contest #12 - Results and congratulate the winners!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

JOB RECRUITMENT: Triggerer

Discussion in 'The Oakwood Forest' started by Sephalo, Jul 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sephalo

Sephalo

Resources:
    Resources:
    Because of the huge amount of triggers that still have to get created I decided to look for a second triggerer. I'm looking for a triggerer that knows alot about Jass because all triggers have to be made in Jass.

Ciebron is the current triggerer but it's going too slow and because of that a second triggerer would be very handy.

Do you know someone that would be interested into joining the project? Or are you this person? Then reply in this thread please!

Last edited: Nov 21, 2009
  2. Ciebron

Ciebron

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Yeah my triggering is slow now, its summer ffs :D

3. Sephalo

Sephalo

Resources:
    Resources:
    Haha it's not a prob. But currently there's still so much work to do:p

4. RaiN.

RaiN.

Resources:
    Resources:
    If you're still looking for a coder, lately i've been having lots of free time so maybe I can help you. I know vJass and have a great eye for details so I can also point out what can be improved ^^

5. Slaydon

Slaydon

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    why cant we make something Gui?

6. Sephalo

Sephalo

Resources:
    Resources:
    Nothing wrong with GUI, but it won't work in this map because there are alot of JASS systems that won't work with GUI. Ofc you can make GUI spells but events like "Order triggering unit to damage target unit of ability being cast for xxx damage of type yyy" wont work because we use a damage system...

Nothing wrong with GUI, but it won't 'stack' with the stuff that's already implemented. And because the best systems on wc3c and hive are JASS I prefer to use jass systems then GUI systems.

7. RaiN.

RaiN.

Resources:
    Resources:
    Erm... an answer to my question maybe ?

8. Sephalo

Sephalo

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well since I don't know how good you are I'm going to make some sort of a test for people I don't know yet. This to be sure we got the right person in the team.

Stay tuned, making this test today.

9. RaiN.

RaiN.

Resources:
    Resources:
    Just post it here or pm me and i'll do it when im home.

10. Ciebron

Ciebron

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Alot of trigger can be more efficient, but imo we fix that later on. i rather get a beta (or alpha) up asap

11. Sephalo

Sephalo

Resources:
    Resources:
    Welcome RaiN to the Oakwood Forest team!

RaiN is now our 2nd triggerer and will mainly work on the spells while Ciebron will focus on systems. Because of this improvement we hope that Oakwood's first beta release will get closer much faster.

So once again!

Welcome RaiN!!

12. RaiN.

RaiN.

Resources:
    Resources:
    <3 Tnq

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.