• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

JC has entered the forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
Greetings,
My name is Jason Carrillo, JCarrill0 is my username, but my friends online call me JC. I have played Warcraft III Since the battlechest first came out and been playing with map making since my days of Starcraft: Broodwar.

I'm not famous for map making, and I have been to numerous sites over the long years trying to be a great or just descent map maker.
I used to post around Blizzforums, Warbaords, and Even Wc3c. I was young and had a bad attitude bad then and didn't understand criticism the way I should.

Well I decided to finally make a few posts since I been a member here for several years but never posted, just read around and looked for info when I needed it. While I used to be a big gamer for starcraft and Warcraft III when they were popular, like most gamers I got bored over the years and tried something else. My big thing was World of Warcraft and been playing that for the last 6 years. (where did my life go!!)

With my Recent job the past 6 months I had to give up WoW since my gaming life conflicted with my work life. I started to go back to old games I loved to play.

Warcraft III is one of them. Map making is a hobby of mine, yet I never really took time to learn the editor, get cool editor mods or even really make a successful map, just stuff I liked to play around with and enjoyed before I got bored.

I'm working on a few projects of my own at the moment, some easy some interesting, and some unoriginal, but idea I always wanted to try on my own.

I hope these forums are still active enough for a few words of advice when needed, and hopefully I can give some ideas I tried that might be simple enough for the novice map maker to use.

- JC

Status
Not open for further replies.