• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[JAVA] Code to Read BLPs!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello; I'm looking for code that will allow me to load BLP image files into a JAVA program that I'm working on. Be it an exe that I could embed in my program and run with command line scripts, or actual JAVA code, I'm looking for something that will turn BLP image files into something usable for java -- either a Java object, like maybe a "BufferedImage", or a .png file.
But I want to make my code do it automatically! The end goal is to make my program act similar to the War3ModelEditor, so it can extract textures from the MPQ archives and load them onto rendered models.

I've attached a picture of what I mean. This picture was made by manually extracting the BLPs as PNGs, and then loading them into the software I'm writing; I don't want users to have to manually do any of that!

All help loading BLP files into JAVA is appreciated! I found an online java package called jblp, and it can only load about 1/4 of the Warcraft III textures correctly! If anyone has code for, or understands better, the BLP format, it would be awesome to have a working BLP reader for my java program!

Edit: attached picture

Attachments

• MxE.png
    MxE.png
    295.8 KB · Views: 134
Status
Not open for further replies.