1. The Aftermath has been revealed for the 19th Terraining Contest! Be sure to check out the Results and see what came out of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Melee Mapping Contest #3 - Results are out! Congratulate the winners and check plenty of new 4v4 melee maps designed for this competition!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The winners of our cinematic soundtrack competition have been decided! Step by the Music Contest #11 - Results to check the entries and congratulate the winners!
    Dismiss Notice

Java CASC library

Discussion in 'Programming' started by Dr Super Good, Aug 18, 2018.

1. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    I changed it to MIT. Basically one can do WTF they want with the JCASC code although I do encourage people to commit any changes or improvements they make.

2. Retera

Retera

Tool Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Magos would seem to be a good argument for why to encout future users to open source, though.

3. Jarvis Mercer

Jarvis Mercer

Resources:
    Resources:
    @Dr Super Good
    Hi
    Can you give me a source control version that I can make some contributions ?

4. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    The source code is available on GitHub, including a simple example program which can be used to extract files from recent Warcraft III builds.
    DrSuperGood/JCASC

If you are not familiar with community development driven GIT workflows (eg coming from SVN or other approaches)…
    1. One first creates an account with GitHub (owned by Microsoft). One then "forks" the repository to make your own personal commit staging area on your account. This will be used later to make pull requests to the master repository.
    2. One then uses some GIT compatible software to interact with the GIT you forked. Since this project was made using a Java orientated version of Eclipse IDE, one can use the built in GIT tools (or download them as a plugin) to manage the local GIT clone of the fork. Another approach is to use separate GIT command line tools or any other GIT repository management software to clone the forked repository.
    3. One can now make changes to the forked source code. The source code is available as an Eclipse project. Compatibility with other Java IDEs is intended to come later but I have not received a pull request yet for that.
    4. Changes can be committed to the local repository. The local repository can then be pushed up stream to your GitHub fork. This process can be repeated until sufficient changes are made that a merger with the master repository is appropriate.
    5. One can then file a pull request. This appears as a pull request on my repository which I will then review (usually within one week) and either commit on any issues with it which can then lead to a bit of iterative development or accept it and merge it into the master.
    6. Updating changes made on the master repository by other people, eg other pull requests, to your fork can be tricky at times. I suggest googling it. One approach is to use the master as an "upstream" and pull directly from it to the local repository and resolve any conflicts, with the result being pushed to your fork. I also recall GitHub allows one to pull changes from a master to your fork using a web interface.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2019
  5. Jarvis Mercer

Jarvis Mercer

Resources:
    Resources:
    don't worry man
    I worked for great companies, with or without Git or svn and alternatives
    Know these stuff more than you :D

kidding ;)

Thanks for link

Btw you have git from 2016 but no much contributions and developments
    This mean
    You love game and playing games
    :D

6. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    It is because much of what I do is with SVNs unrelated to GIT. Or helping people with SC2 or WC3 triggers.

7. Jarvis Mercer

Jarvis Mercer

Resources:
    Resources:
    @Dr Super Good
    Good job bro
    No one can ask gamer what are you doing in your life ? :D

I was just checking your github also my other friends like fotty or zezula or other wrote great tool for map editing and other stuff like mpq archive
    hope we all get better in programming
    If you like you can check mine too
    There is good stuff
    Also I'm working on game walk through cheat sheet and I need teammate who know some coding
    I can do it myself alone but there is time that is my problem
    If you have any interest in it SEND ME Message
    or know someone can help me
    I'm currently working on Dark Souls game series cheat sheet and after that WARCRAFT and Diablo series

Sorry for writing all here
    Just wanna you know these stuff
    Thanks man

8. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    I am not sure what you mean by "cheat sheet" with respect to needing a programmer.

9. Jarvis Mercer

Jarvis Mercer

Resources:
    Resources:
    Some check list that gamer want to make sure they don't drop a single thing in game
    for example :
    we have lots of items in RPG games like weapons spells armors and skins and ...
    there is some condition to get each of them like kill something or done some other quest to that
    so we make a check list of all quests and works to be done to get all the things in game even 100% achivements

Not that CHEAT you think :D

but I have an Idea to make these sheets in web technologies like react or vue or js or basics html and css
    generally in web techs

10. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    And what does this have to do with programming? Usually they are simple text documents.

11. Jarvis Mercer

Jarvis Mercer

Resources:
    Resources:
    cause I'm making this documents like a website with modern web dev tool technologies
    they are going to be an online page