• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

JassHelper bugging...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hello!

I don't know where else to post this but this section seems to be the most appropriate to do so.

So the thing is when I try to save my maps (even with empty ones which I only did a little terrain modifications and removed the basic trigger, I didn't do any triggering yet) JassHelper always get stuck on the functions error part saying it found errors. It does this since I tried to save the AZ Hero Defense map (just to save it with my own editor) to try and resolve the crashing problem when the map is loading. Since then when I try to save any map it bugs at the same place.

Anyone have a solution for this? Right now I just deactivated the JassHelper but this is just avoiding the problem...

Thanks!

Edit:
Update JassHelper. You can get it from WC3Campaigns or The Helper (different sites).

Didn't notice there was a new version... last post is I've seen is from 2009 or something like that. Well thanks! Updating right now...

Last edited:
Level 4
Yeah so I thought I had an older version, apprently I was wrong... I modified the executables anyway in case of a corruption but it still get stuck on the error message window.

Level 19
Yeah so I thought I had an older version, apprently I was wrong... I modified the executables anyway in case of a corruption but it still get stuck on the error message window.

you cant download the executables along with the Jass NewGen pack, theyre outdated, oyu have to use a seperate download

Level 4
you cant download the executables along with the Jass NewGen pack, theyre outdated, oyu have to use a seperate download

I used the seperate download, which contains the version I'm using. JassHelper 0.A.2.B

Edit: ...So I was starting a new map project and I wanted to test a little trigger of mine and when I tried to open it with warcraft 3 the teams won't show up (before you start the game, the team selection menu) and when I just select the map and try to start it, it just goes back to the map selection menu... Since I tried to open AZ Hero Defense with my editor it just keep bugging... I never had such problems before... anyone knows a way to fix this? Or do I have to reinstall my WE along with War3 ?

Last edited:
Level 19
I used the seperate download, which contains the version I'm using. JassHelper 0.A.2.B

Edit: ...So I was starting a new map project and I wanted to test a little trigger of mine and when I tried to open it with warcraft 3 the teams won't show up (before you start the game, the team selection menu) and when I just select the map and try to start it, it just goes back to the map selection menu... Since I tried to open AZ Hero Defense with my editor it just keep bugging... I never had such problems before... anyone knows a way to fix this? Or do I have to reinstall my WE along with War3 ?
post the map. WE is War3, theyre one in the same.

Level 4
Trying to open it on battle.net and I get the map was not found error message... Anyway I didn't do anything special with that map since I barely started it... only a little bit of map making and started a few triggers which shouldn't cause such problem.

Anyway there you go. Tell me if you get the same problem... or any solution you came up with...

Attachments

• custom1.w3x
    116.7 KB · Views: 63
Level 4
Okay so apparently I was using the last version of jasshelper but not the last of jassnewgenpack (was using ver d now using ver e) and I tried to save my map with that new version and when I save it there's an error message window opening (function error) which contains stuff that doesn't even belong to my map... wth is going on?

Edit: I created a new map, made no modification, saved it, and I still get weird error function messages... -.-

Level 4
When I try to save the new created map (no modifications) I get an error message with this underligned

call SetCameraBounds( -3328,0 + GetCameraMargin(CAMERA_MARGIN_LEFT), -3584,0 + GetCameraMargin(CAMERA_MARGIN_BOTTOM), 3328,0 - GetCameraMargin(CAMERA_MARGIN_RIGHT), 3072,0 - GetCameraMargin(CAMERA_MARGIN_TOP), -3328,0 + GetCameraMargin(CAMERA_MARGIN_LEFT), 3072,0 - GetCameraMargin(CAMERA_MARGIN_TOP), 3328,0 - GetCameraMargin(CAMERA_MARGIN_RIGHT), -3584,0 + GetCameraMargin(CAMERA_MARGIN_BOTTOM) )

with the error type being: Too many arguments given to function : SetCameraBounds

As I said, I didn't do any modifications on this map. I clicked new map in the file menu, then I just saved it (it choose the red spawn point) and thats all, then I got this message.

Now what I get on my own map is this:

Too many arguments given to function : CreateUnit

with this being underligned: set u = CreateUnit( p, 'hatw', -1920,0, -3328,0, 270,000 )
with the function called being named: CreateBuildingsForPlayer10

I don't have such trigger name nor the functions it calls.

Edit: Is there a way to just send the error message log in here? Oh and btw, I reinstalled wc3 and the newgen WE along with jasshelper and it didn't work either lol. I just thought it could make a difference but it didn't change anything... I'm out of ideas.

Level 19
o_O

ive seen this before but i dont remember how to fix it. the default language for your computer is a language that uses commas in place of periods and vice versa, but is putting them inside of the .j and its messing it up.

Level 4
o_O

ive seen this before but i dont remember how to fix it. the default language for your computer is a language that uses commas in place of periods and vice versa, but is putting them inside of the .j and its messing it up.

Erm.... yeah.... so it means I won't be able anymore to make maps or stuff like that?... I mean... I could just reinstall all over again but I already did it once and it didn't solve any problem...

I still believe that its weird it all began after I try to save a specific map... I don't know if this can lead anywhere but the creator of AZ hero defense (map i've tried to save) made it on a mac I believe... could mac have a different type of WE and trying to save a map made from this WE with another OS's WE kind of f**ked it up? Anyway I don't know how this would help solve the problem...

I mean I would usually reinstall stuff and at last resort reformat if something really won't work but... reformating isn't an option for me... I guess I could try to restore my system to a week earlier before I try to save it but I'm sure there's an easier and faster way to fix this.

Well thanks anyway... if you happen to find a solution I'd appreciate it but I guess I'll just google it and try to find something about it.

Edit: Btw, did you have any problem opening my map or trying to save it with your WE? Curiosity

Level 19
Erm.... yeah.... so it means I won't be able anymore to make maps or stuff like that?... I mean... I could just reinstall all over again but I already did it once and it didn't solve any problem...

I still believe that its weird it all began after I try to save a specific map... I don't know if this can lead anywhere but the creator of AZ hero defense (map i've tried to save) made it on a mac I believe... could mac have a different type of WE and trying to save a map made from this WE with another OS's WE kind of f**ked it up? Anyway I don't know how this would help solve the problem...

I mean I would usually reinstall stuff and at last resort reformat if something really won't work but... reformating isn't an option for me... I guess I could try to restore my system to a week earlier before I try to save it but I'm sure there's an easier and faster way to fix this.

Well thanks anyway... if you happen to find a solution I'd appreciate it but I guess I'll just google it and try to find something about it.

Edit: Btw, did you have any problem opening my map or trying to save it with your WE? Curiosity

nope. its your compiler. Try poking aroudn in your wc3 settings to set the default language to English if u find anything else. Im sure someone else knows how to fix

Level 4
I wen't directly in the campaign complier menu and did compile map and got this error message: Access violation at address 10005084 in module 'SFmpq.dll'. Read of address 0000015B

Corrupted .dll file maybe? Idk... trying to find clues :eek:

Level 19
I wen't directly in the campaign complier menu and did compile map and got this error message: Access violation at address 10005084 in module 'SFmpq.dll'. Read of address 0000015B

Corrupted .dll file maybe? Idk... trying to find clues :eek:

thats always gonna happen

Level 4
Oh yeah now that I've tried to just reopen WE, save the map over and over again without changing anything it gives me a different function error and the old one is gone... really?

Level 19
Oh yeah now that I've tried to just reopen WE, save the map over and over again without changing anything it gives me a different function error and the old one is gone... really?

its the same problem, just it compiled at a different order

Level 4
While that might be a dumb question, I'm still wondering if it really matters even though I don't think so. Does the newgen WE have to be saved in a specific folder? Like in the program files\war3 folder?

Level 19
While that might be a dumb question, I'm still wondering if it really matters even though I don't think so. Does the newgen WE have to be saved in a specific folder? Like in the program files\war3 folder?

n543

Level 4

Meaning? :eek:

Edit: For the infos, progress has been made. I've asked help on wc3c and I found a similar post which included stuff about this bug. This is about commas in the .j file of my map which is screwing it up. The problem here, is when I change the commas on the .j file and save it, the file automatically puts back the commas I replaced by points to commas. I can't get to fix it... and I'm still looking for help about it...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.