• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

JassCraft reporting the wrong line-number

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Has anyone ever ran into this issue where JassCraft states the wrong line as cause of an error?

I get error-messages that have absolutely nothing to do with the line that is stated in the output. But usually, if i look around (somewhere in the close 100 lines of code) i can actually find what the error-message is talking about.

This is sometimes impossible to find though.
Is there any way to make JassCraft spit out the right line?

Level 4
Sorry for the double-post, but some other things i need to mention:

When i download JassCraft from here JassCraft - Wc3C.net it is also missing the blizzard.j file and some other .j file. I can't even run the program when I download it as it is from there.
I luckily have JassHelper installed and can copy the .j files from there.

Still, the programm doesn't work at all for me. Right now, i guess nothing but "unrecognized char" messages - literally nothing useful. It's completely broken.
A mate of mine has his year-old JC on his PC and it works perfectly fine. It does a correct analysis, states the correct lines and everything works fine.

Am i completely mentally challenged? What the hell am i doing wrong?

Level 37
The line number you see doesn't correspond to the line number you see in the "trigger sheet" because the line number from the error message comes from all the map's code being compiled into JASS. So line 100 in your trigger sheet might be line 1000 depending on what order the map compiles all of your triggers and such.

Level 4
The line number you see doesn't correspond to the line number you see in the "trigger sheet" because the line number from the error message comes from all the map's code being compiled into JASS. So line 100 in your trigger sheet might be line 1000 depending on what order the map compiles all of your triggers and such.

I am just copy pasting the entire map-script in JASS into JassCraft to be honest. I look at the linenumbers directly in JassCraft too, but those too are bugged.

The entire program just doesn't work at all for me, it's absolutely weird.

Level 8
Is there any chance you could post an example of the error messages along with a short piece of your code? I've had JassCraft for years now and I don't recall ever having come across this kind of error with the syntax checker.

Status
Not open for further replies.