• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece!🔗 Click here to enter!

[JASS] JASS ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hello,
I am new in JASS so i have dl some manuals but i would like that a pro tell me quickly what kind of language it is.
I know objective-C, javascript and php.
First, what means J.A.S.S ?
I would like only a quick description of his functionnement, when does he work in the executing of a map...
Which possibilities/privileges has it on the executing program ?
Thank you.
( excuse me for my bad english but i am french )

Level 4
It's a method-based (not object oriented) programming language created by Blizzard.

I find it to be most similar to Visual Basic and maybe Delphi without the OOP. I personally know C++, VB, VB.NET, C#.NET, Delphi, Pascal, JavaScript, VBScript, and HTML, so that's what I'm comparing to.

I don't think anyone knows what the acronym means.

JASS is the language of the map's triggers. So any non-melee game-style behavior that exists in a map is thanks to JASS.

JASS has no rights on the executing machine. Nothing even executes JASS code except for Warcraft III, and JASS has no power to affect anything outside of Warcraft III.

Level 10
redscull said:
It's a method-based (not object oriented) programming language created by Blizzard.

I find it to be most similar to Visual Basic and maybe Delphi without the OOP. I personally know C++, VB, VB.NET, C#.NET, Delphi, Pascal, JavaScript, VBScript, and HTML, so that's what I'm comparing to.

I don't think anyone knows what the acronym means.

JASS is the language of the map's triggers. So any non-melee game-style behavior that exists in a map is thanks to JASS.

JASS has no rights on the executing machine. Nothing even executes JASS code except for Warcraft III, and JASS has no power to affect anything outside of Warcraft III.

WHAT LANGUAGE IS THIS I AM SO CONFUSED!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Status
Not open for further replies.