• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

JASS Theft?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
I am kinda worried about this new Galaxy language.
I am worried that all these "Thieves" will take all our prized scripts (Like TimerUtils for instance) and make them into Galaxy, where they will steal credit.
Is there anyway we can shield ourselves from them, besides jsut ramming in and demanding forgery?

Level 20
I've honestly been trying to answer this thread since yesterday, but I'm at a loss for words. Honestly, I have no idea what to say.

There shouldn't be an issue about thieves stealing scripts though... I mean come on, as if a script even belonged to you. Besides, Jass and Galaxy aren't the only scripting languages in the world. Most scripts are just clever applications of certain algorithms. Fuck... really I don't know what to say, this is difficult. lol

Level 16
Why worry about it? Yeah you might not get the credit for it you would get otherwise, but think positively: The script is actually WORTH converting to Galaxy! That must mean something!

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
vosty, this is pointless...

Firstly SC2 and WC3 are TOTALLY DIFFERENT. SC2 does not even use JASS and probably half the scripts for WC3 will have native support in SC2 or not be needed. Secondly the scripts are hardly prized, I mean atmost a few hundred lines of code means shit all and take atmost a few days to make, now if it was 20 thousand lines, that would be more major but honestly the makers will not give a shit if that occurs as they will have to retype it all anyway for SC2 syntax is different from WC3.

Level 12
Why worry about it? Yeah you might not get the credit for it you would get otherwise, but think positively: The script is actually WORTH converting to Galaxy! That must mean something!
Yeah I guess. Jsut barge in where you find it and just ask.

vosty, this is pointless...

Firstly SC2 and WC3 are TOTALLY DIFFERENT. SC2 does not even use JASS and probably half the scripts for WC3 will have native support in SC2 or not be needed. Secondly the scripts are hardly prized, I mean atmost a few hundred lines of code means shit all and take atmost a few days to make, now if it was 20 thousand lines, that would be more major but honestly the makers will not give a shit if that occurs as they will have to retype it all anyway for SC2 syntax is different from WC3.
I thought they both said they were C-like languages, so converting them will not be extremely hard.
I guess we can't really do anything, but be positive, and copy it to Galaxy first.

Someone can close this, I just realized this is a bad idea. =D

Status
Not open for further replies.