• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Spell] JASS sound not playing [Reforged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Hi guys,

I'm trying to use the following recipe system to combine items: Item Fuse/Disassemble 2.1 (GUI & vJass)

The system has a part where you can change the sound upon combining the items. The problem is that the sound I want to use does not play. Here a pic of the path of sound I want:

123.png

And here I entered this path:
JASS:
    // * If you want to use custom sound, setup it below
    // * "Sound path", "time in second to play sound after combine is done", "volume" and "pitch" of sound
    constant boolean        USE_CUSTOM_SOUND        = true;
    constant real           SOUND_MAX_DISTANCE        = 3500.;
    constant string         SOUND_FILE            = "Abilities\\Spells\\Items\\AlamTomes.wav";
    constant real           SOUND_VOL            = 90.;
    constant real           SOUND_PITCH            = 1.2;
No sound though... some more experimentation showed me that some sounds work and others don't. For example:

Abilities\\Spells\\Items\\AlamTomes.wav --> does NOT play a sound in-game.
Abilities\\Spells\\Other\\CrushingWave\\CrushingWaveCaster1.wav --> DOES play a sound in-game.

Is this some kind of internal bug with Reforged?

Level 18
Since 1.32 internal sounds use .flac extension, but in your script you use .wav, try changing that.

Level 18
Two more things you could try: disable the 3D sound checkbox, and use forward slash instead of backslash (Abilities/Spells/Items/AlamTomes.flac).

Level 18
I checked if the sound file exists in my 1.31 installation, and found the path is abilities\spells\items\aiam\tomes.wav. Note that it's spelled 'AIAM', not 'ALAM'.

Status
Not open for further replies.