• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Jass Operation Limit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
I have a chess game. And When It checks for check mate, it first sees if the king is in check.

Then it checks if any peice can move. (It can only move to a location if it wont leave/put the king in check.)

(In Runs several functions)

Is there a operation limit, and if so how can I deal with this. This is all in Vjass, with some CJass sytax. If I put a wait or something could that solve the issue?

I can post the map here if anyone wants me too. I am lost for what to do next.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Is there a operation limit, and if so how can I deal with this. This is all in Vjass, with some CJass sytax.
Basically its all JASS, as thats all WC3 can run. Anyway yes there is, I do not know if it was changed however but it still exists.

If I put a wait or something could that solve the issue?
Yes, waits reset the op limit, so do timers with 0 delay and I think any event.

Level 19
and running a trigger with "Run Trigger xyz" also works in GUI

I think the op limit was something like 2^16 but to be sure you should not go over 10k just in case... (functions within functions count, too, as well as loops)

there was some dude who made a system to check if a td maze is pathable and he had the same problem (at first he was using waits but these were quite slow so he switched to something else - if it's not purged yet you will have good chances to find it)

Status
Not open for further replies.