Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

[JASS] HSAS (Handle Struct Attachment System)

Discussion in 'Graveyard' started by PandaMine, Sep 30, 2007.

1. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    I advise this system be reviewed for functionality and compatibility with the upcomming version 1.24 patch. Currently, due to use of H2I double return bug which is being removed, I believe this system will not work come the update. Thus I advise that the creator of it checks for compatibility with 1.24 and updates if need be as it is pointless supplying a system which is unusable.

2. aznricepuff

aznricepuff

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I don't see why it wouldn't be compatible. Just switch from H2I to GetHandleId(), and StoreInteger() to SaveInteger() or w/e the hashtable equivalent is called.

Tho if hashtable is as fast as some people claim it is (i've heard only 2x slower than array lookup), this system might be obsolete unless you're a REAL speed freak.

3. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    He still has to update it to be compatible as in its current form it will be unusable even if it is not obsolete. Hashtables may not be as fast array lookups, but then again they have the advantage of being like 2D arrays with 2 signed 32 bit integer indexes. Thus they are not as resricted as normal array systems.

Anyway, I am not really arguing about weathor this system is useful or not, but about it being unsupported come the new patch. Although it is easilly changed to work with the new patch, that is not the point of these jass scripts. All jass scripts here should be usable the way they are presented with as minimal alterations as possiable. Weathor the author or you update it to be compatiable with 1.24 is not of any mater, as long as it gets done once the patch is out or this should be removed.

4. aznricepuff

aznricepuff

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Yea, I plan on removing everything from this section (including this) that uses return bug if the authors don't update their scripts.

Still, since 1.24 isn't officially out yet, pandamine still has some time to update.

5. aznricepuff

aznricepuff

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Since 1.24 came out, this script is outdated. I'm moving it to the submissions forum until it is made 1.24 compatible.

6. aznricepuff

aznricepuff

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Since this has been sitting here forever, I'm graveyarding it for now.