• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[JASS] Jass Custom Cheat Code Pack

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
The script is poorly documented and formatted. I would recommend commenting each function and groups of statements to better explain their purpose. Please use standard JASS indentation.

Also I would recommend describing what cheat functionality is provided and how to access it. Map makers might find such functionality useful for alpha or beta versions which need only specific parts tested.

Bribe

Code Moderator
Level 50
Welcome to the JASS section! Thank you for sharing. After reviewing your resource, I have some feedback:

To echo what Dr. SuperGood has said, please keep your code indented.

Additionally,

The JASS code should be present in this thread or on GitHub.

The code has many memory leaks. Everything which I saw involving locations leaked the locations, and the location handle was never destroyed. Nullifying does not help because the WarCraft 3 engine lacks a garbage collector, so you must use RemoveLocation on each of these or use coordinates instead.

This is not a map hack. Map hacking is illegal in the sense that Blizzard will ban your account and CD key. What this is is a series of custom cheats that the user can type in to give them some kind of extra influence on the game.

Also, you may want to rewrite some of this to make it work with something like Jass NewGen Pack as this code is only useful if you're injecting it into War3map.j which most people don't. Injecting into a protected map is not something we're going to welcome here as we support the original author's intention to keep the map protected even if there are ways around it. As such, this resource as a whole has a philosophy contrary to that policy and may eventually get this resource removed from the site.