• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Jab Spear Atttack Spell Ability

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hi guys, I'm new to this forum. I need help to create a spear jab spell. It consist in:

Lv1 - Three consecutive attacks on one target. Atk damage reduced by 60% (base attack).

LV2 - Three consecutive attacks on one target. Atk damage reduced by 50% (base attack).

LV3 - Three consecutive attacks on one target. Atk damage reduced by 40% (base attack).

Any help with this spell I will be grateful. Thanks 4 all.

Level 4
He's talking like a pirate. Because it's talk like a pirate day.

Sorry but I forget the pirate day lol

Anyways, what he's trying to say is to try to create this function on your own, then come back and show us what you have done and we will be able to help you further.

Seriously, I don't know how to make the hero attack only 3 times in a row with a small delay at the end. I created an ability that increase the attack rate at 300% for aprox. 1.3 seconds. In 1.3 segs my hero at LV 10 attacked the target 2-3 times. I want a spell that I can target the enemy and he will attack 3 times the same target with his spear. I want to create a remake of the jab spell of the amazon in Diablo 2.

Any questions please ask me. I accept suggestions and any type of help.

Thanks 4 all guyz

Level 3
Well, let's try something shall we? Let's not use that "Attack Rate Increase" spell, instead you figure out a way to calculate your hero damage at ANY time, then do this:

- Create a spell: Base yours on some single-target spell such as Storm Bolt ( the best in this case, we'll use the stun to create enough time for your hero to attack ), set damage to 0, adjust the cast range, change the stun duration to 1-2 seconds.
[Triggers]
- Fake the hero attacks: Apparently the hero is attacking, but it's just an animation and does no damage. Have the hero repeat it two more times, which is three total.
- Delay between attacks: Well, surely after each attack there's must be a slight delay, that's when the damage comes in. ( The damage will be Physical Damage and the way it is calculated is yours to make. )
- Pause your hero and the target: Well, IF you based the spell on Storm Bolt and USE the stun, there is no need to pause the target cause' it is already stunned. However, to attack 3 times in a row your hero should be standing still, so before the animation happen, pause the hero so the player won't order him around, messing up your spell.

That's all I can think of, any more detail is all yours, get to it, if you have any problem then come back to the Hive with your spell. We will be able to help.

Level 4
Well, let's try something shall we? Let's not use that "Attack Rate Increase" spell, instead you figure out a way to calculate your hero damage at ANY time, then do this:

- Create a spell: Base yours on some single-target spell such as Storm Bolt ( the best in this case, we'll use the stun to create enough time for your hero to attack ), set damage to 0, adjust the cast range, change the stun duration to 1-2 seconds.
[Triggers]
- Fake the hero attacks: Apparently the hero is attacking, but it's just an animation and does no damage. Have the hero repeat it two more times, which is three total.
- Delay between attacks: Well, surely after each attack there's must be a slight delay, that's when the damage comes in. ( The damage will be Physical Damage and the way it is calculated is yours to make. )
- Pause your hero and the target: Well, IF you based the spell on Storm Bolt and USE the stun, there is no need to pause the target cause' it is already stunned. However, to attack 3 times in a row your hero should be standing still, so before the animation happen, pause the hero so the player won't order him around, messing up your spell.

That's all I can think of, any more detail is all yours, get to it, if you have any problem then come back to the Hive with your spell. We will be able to help.

Thanx 4 ur help, but I can do my spell without triggers? Can be possible?

Level 4
Sorry to say, but he's right. There is not a single spell in warcraft that just does this, you will have to use triggers, though it is not that complicated, just follow what Zenerik said.

Ok I will try. I never use triggers in my custom spells, but it will be my first time. I will go to tutorial section and follow it. When I finished the spell, I will upload it for public use. Thanx 4 all.

Status
Not open for further replies.