• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Items with more then four abilities

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I would like to make an item with more then four abilities, but WC3 only allows items to have four abilities. In the abilities option of the item, once you add four abilities, it will not let you add any more. I have tried shift - clicking the abilities option and adding in the ability codes manually, but Warcraft just ignores any abilities beyond the first four. Is there any other way that I can get around this?
Thanks for the help.

Level 7
Sounds like a real imba item...
Try to combine abilites...

For example instead of critical AND evade use drunken brawler... and so on

Yeah you definatly can combine abilities. And also use triggers as mentioned above.

• Events
  • Unit accuires an item
  • Unit loses an item
  • Conditions
  • Item type of item(Item being manipulated) equal to ExampleItem
  • Actions
  • If then multiple function
    • Conditions
      • Unit(triggering unit) has item-type of item(ExampleItem)
    • Then
      • Add Ability(ExampleAbility) to unit(triggering unit)
    • Else
      • Remove ability(ExampleAbility) from unit(triggering unit)
Or combining abilities works too lol, depending on what you want the item to have.

Level 5
heh the item in question:
Gives:
+10 intelligence
+6 mana regeneration
+500 mana
can cast a 4.5 second 65% slow
Attack:
Attacks: Ships & Structures
Damage: 15 x 2
Range: 750
Cooldown: 1 seconds

Spell Cooldown: 18 seconds

And it's really not that imbalanced.
Anyways, I cannot combine any abilities. Although it appears that I only need four abilities for this, I also need two abilities based off of pheniex fire for the two attacks it has. (damage: 15 x 2)

As for making a trigger that adds the abilities when a person picks up an item:
yes, I could do that, but it wouldn't stack like it should. For some reason, WC3 doesn't like adding abilities to a unit that the unit already has, and so if I had two of the same item then it wouldn't add the abilities that it already gave me when I got the first item. (I hope that makes sense, I don't think I really explained it to well... x.x)
At least, I think this is true... I thought I tried this and it didn't work.

Anyways, I know this is possible because of items like DotA's Sange an Yasha, or Orchid Malevolence. ( DotA-Allstars.com - Items ) (At least, I think these items are using more then four abilities, because I don't know what abilities they could be using to combine two or three of those effects listed.)

Level 7
heh the item in question:

And it's really not that imbalanced.
Anyways, I cannot combine any abilities. Although it appears that I only need four abilities for this, I also need two abilities based off of pheniex fire for the two attacks it has. (damage: 15 x 2)

As for making a trigger that adds the abilities when a person picks up an item:
yes, I could do that, but it wouldn't stack like it should. For some reason, WC3 doesn't like adding abilities to a unit that the unit already has, and so if I had two of the same item then it wouldn't add the abilities that it already gave me when I got the first item. (I hope that makes sense, I don't think I really explained it to well... x.x)
At least, I think this is true... I thought I tried this and it didn't work.

Anyways, I know this is possible because of items like DotA's Sange an Yasha, or Orchid Malevolence. ( DotA-Allstars.com - Items ) (At least, I think these items are using more then four abilities, because I don't know what abilities they could be using to combine two or three of those effects listed.)

you can create a trigger to add to a units attributes when you accuire an item.
Abilities, you can make them not show when your unit has the ability, not sure what you mean by not stackable...

Level 5
Heh guess I wasn't clear.

Ok say I get the item, and I use triggers to add the abilities. The two abilities I add are the abilities that
1) add 10 int
2) add 500 mana

Now, lets say that I get this item again. (so that I have two of the item in my inventory)
Warcraft will go to add ability number 1 (for the second time) but, it will see that my hero already has that ability, and will then decide not to add it. So instead of having ability number 1 twice and gaining 20 int, I will only have it once, and will only gain 10 int.

Level 11
As stated before, use a spellbook. The only problem is it won't work very well if you want to have more than 4 passives and an active cast ability on the item.

Level 11
No, if you use a spell book you can have up to 4x12 = 48 passive abilities on an item (4 spellbooks full of passives), but if you made the item active cast clicking it would open a spellbook rather than casting your ability...

Actually, I haven't tested this and sortof typed it without thinking; try it with the active cast ability as the first ability on the item (top of the list) and it might just work out.

Status
Not open for further replies.