• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Stacking item abilities manually for a hero like carried items

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 26
Hi,
is it possible to add item abilities to a hero like the hero would carry multiple items of the same time?
I want to add them manually in JASS:
JASS:
call UnitAddAbilityBJ( 'AItf', hero )

For example, a hero carries 6 claws +15 damage it will cause + 6 * 15 damage.
Now I want to add the item ability 6 more times. Is this possible in a simple way without any complicated bonus system based on code/triggers?
It seems that adding the same ability multiple times to a hero does not stack.

The purpose would be to register abilities per item type and to allow additional inventories.

I could change the ability values with the new natives but the solution seems rather complicated.
I just remember some "bonus stats" systems from the past which allowed you to manually add bonus stats like damage, health etc. but it is not quite the same as adding abilities.
For example, some items have Critical Strike or Evasion which do stack in a very specific way for items.

Status
Not open for further replies.