• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Items] - Potions Ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got a few ideas that might help in the development of items in the field of potions.

IconDescriptionSummarization of Abilities

BTNPotionAntimagic
Potion of Cleansing
Cleanses the consumer of all buffs and effects.
Dispel

BTNPoisonPotion
Poison of Silence
Cast on Target
Disables a target unit from casting spells for [...] seconds.
Silence

BTNArcanePotion
Potion of Bloodthirst
Heals the consumer for [...] health and gives the consumer a 70% life-stealing attack for [...] seconds.
Heal, Life-steal

BTNFirePotion
Potion of Flame
Enrages the consumer, giving him a 150% attack damage and attack speed increase for [...] seconds, but reduces the target's armor by [... (Suggested: 10)] for [...] seconds.
Cannot be used in combination with a Potion of Frost or a Potion of Wind
150% attack damage and speed increase, armor reduction

BTNFrostPotion
Potion of Frost
Encases the consumer in an ice shield giving him [... (Suggested: 10)] bonus armor for [...] seconds but reducing his movement speed by 30% for [...] seconds.
Cannot be used in combination with a Potion of Flame or a Potion of Wind
Bonus armor, movement speed reduction

BTNPoisonGasPotion
Potion of Wind
Gives the consumer the grace of the wind, increasing his movement speed by 60% for [...] seconds and increasing his health regeneration by 2 for [...] seconds while temporarily disabling mana regeneration for [...] seconds.
Cannot be used in combination with a Potion of Flame or a Potion of Frost
Movement speed increase, increase health regeneration, disabled mana regeneration

Last edited:
Level 27
Maybe Bear's Might Potion, that decrases the movement and attack speed, but adds a high armor and attack bonus? I've seen Crazy Russian got some icon that would fit it, it's a potion with some bear paw symbol drawn on a leaflet attached to bottle...

Other one would be Owls' Eye, that would give you a night vision and ability to see hidden unit if there are any for some time...

Level 16
tleno, bears aren't slow. If they are slow, how the heck are they supposed to catch their meal, the salmons?

Also:
Cleansing > Dispel
Disability > Silence

The elemental potions are awesome btw.

Level 15
A Daredevil's potion? With like 50% chance to do something positive, like a damage increase, a serious one. And 50% chance to decrease damage?

That's a cool idea, cept I think the positive chance should be greater but the negative should be harsher (i.e. 85% chance to deal X extra damage but a 15% chance to take (X*4) damage on attack.

This way your really taking a chance, whereas if its 50/50 the negative will always pretty much equal the positive and it'll just average out every time.

Level 3
Yeah, but doubt it will be used often, I mean if people use potion they want it to work, and carrying something with you that only has a chance to help doesn't sound really useful...

It will if you make it a serious buff. Everyone tries to take chances sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.