• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Item shops

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Im in the process of creating an AOS.

It's completely functional, but i do want to make item shops!

The problem is, how do i know how to make sure the items aren't rigged, and the price of the items makes sense to the effects?

Thanks for all help in advance :)

The best thing to do is test it out on your own. If you notice reoccurring patterns (such as players stacking inventory with a single item) you should make the most desired items more expensive or something like that. There's no way to know for sure if your items are rigged without testing it out.

Also use common sense. Like don't sell a 50HP life restore potion for 300G and a 100HP life restore for 250G. Stuff like that. Make sure there are consistancies.

Level 3
It helps to assign a gold value to each enhancement. ie: every +1 to damage will add 10g to the cost of the item. every Buff will add 150g to an item. so on.
so a sword of frost example: adds +15 damage and frost attack costs 300g.
you can modify these values, but they help to price an item more accuratly and balance things out. I would make a hand written list of all the costs for the enhancements.

I also like to come up with a certain number to multiply the final value by so the better item sells for a cheaper price than purchasing multiples of the lesser item.
For example the Greater restore potions (500HP) buy price is cheaper than buying 2 normal Restore potion (250HP). that way it rewards the person that saves gold up. and you can do that by multiplying 2x(price of lesser potion)and then multiply that by .9 for the greater potions price.

Level 3
well usually the opposite is true, in that it is cheaper to get 6 +5 damage items than 1 +30, you make the stronger item a little more cash because it only uses 1 item slot instead of 6. but either way, just use the item level as a reference point. so items at level 0 cost 100%, while items at level 1 cost 110%, items at level 2 cost 115%, level 5 cost 130% so on and so forth.

Level 15
Keep in mind the 'slot' cost that most map has, then also take in the factor of the 'Effort to farm'. Basically item that can be stack should be priced normally, highly priced items must be stronger than moderate price, since it takes more effort to farm it.

Also take in mind, I mentioned stackable items to be normal priced, non-stackable items should be cheaper/more powerful (up to you), example: Lifesteal items, you can't buy 2 of them, they don't give double life steal.

Also, take in mind that you can calculate str with hp bonus and hp regen items on scale, int with mana bonus and mana regen bonus items on scale, also agility with armor and attack speed on scale, then primary attribute bonus with damage on scale. Hope it all helped, sorry for such a thick text layout =P

Status
Not open for further replies.