• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Item Ownership

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Who can teach me a Item ownership trigger that when i drop the item no one can picked it or when i drop my item it will transfer in a selected region

Thnx for advance

1. I don't know an action like this, so I think it must be a complicated trigger

2. Try this :
  • Drop Item
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Loses an item
    • Conditions
      • (Hero manipulating item) Equal to (Your Item)
    • Actions
      • Set Point = (YourPoint)
      • Item - Move (Item being manipulated) to Point
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation( udg_Point )

Level 28
Actually, it is a very simple trigger...

• Item Ownership
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Acquires an item
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • Or - Any (Conditions) are true
            • Conditions
              • (Custom value of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to (Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))
              • (Custom value of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to 0
        • Then - Actions
          • Set TempLoc = (Position of (Item being manipulated))
          • Item - Move (Item being manipulated) to TempLoc
          • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TempLoc)
          • Skip remaining actions
        • Else - Actions
          • Item - Set the custom value of (Item being manipulated) to (Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))
Right, you can also use "Drop (Item being manipulated) from (Hero manipulating item)", but then you can move the item (and I think that's less effective than this).

TempLoc: Point variable, no array.

Edit: Justify was faster than me... his post wasn't there when I posted mine :/

Level 2
Actually, it is a very simple trigger...

• Item Ownership
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • Or - Any (Conditions) are true
            • Conditions
              • (Custom value of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to (Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))
              • (Custom value of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to 0
        • Then - Actions
          • Set TempLoc = (Position of (Item being manipulated))
          • Item - Move (Item being manipulated) to TempLoc
          • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TempLoc)
          • Skip remaining actions
        • Else - Actions
          • Item - Set the custom value of (Item being manipulated) to (Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))
Right, you can also use "Drop (Item being manipulated) from (Hero manipulating item)", but then you can move the item (and I think that's less effective than this).

TempLoc: Point variable, no array.

Edit: Justify was faster than me... his post wasn't there when I posted mine :/

It Does'nt work when i buy an item the item drops

Level 28
It would appear to be doing the check the wrong way around...
That "or" should be an "and", and the "equal to" should be "not equal to".
Or you could just swap the "then" and "else" blocks around :thumbs_up:

The first part isn't correct (it needs to be "or", otherwise it will say "Custom Value equal to 0 AND 2" for example).

You're right about the second part, i needs to be "not equal to" xD
Mehh, I didn't test it... it's almost correct, though :p

Level 8

• Item Ownership
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • And - All (Conditions) are true
            • Conditions
              • (Owner of (Item being manipulated)) Not equal to Player 1 (Red)
              • (Owner of (Item being manipulated)) Not equal to Player 2 (Blue)
              • (Owner of (Item being manipulated)) Not equal to Player 3 (Teal)
              • (Owner of (Item being manipulated)) Not equal to Player 4 (Purple)
              • (Owner of (Item being manipulated)) Not equal to Player 5 (Yellow)
              • (Owner of (Item being manipulated)) Not equal to Player 6 (Orange)
              • (Owner of (Item being manipulated)) Not equal to Player 7 (Green)
              • (Owner of (Item being manipulated)) Not equal to Player 8 (Pink)
              • (Owner of (Item being manipulated)) Not equal to Player 9 (Gray)
              • (Owner of (Item being manipulated)) Not equal to Player 10 (Light Blue)
              • (Owner of (Item being manipulated)) Not equal to Player 11 (Dark Green)
              • (Owner of (Item being manipulated)) Not equal to Player 12 (Brown)
        • Then - Actions
          • Item - Change ownership of (Item being manipulated) to (Owner of (Hero manipulating item)) and Change color
        • Else - Actions
            • If - Conditions
              • (Owner of (Item being manipulated)) Not equal to (Owner of (Hero manipulating item))
            • Then - Actions
              • Hero - Drop (Item being manipulated) from (Hero manipulating item)
            • Else - Actions

Status
Not open for further replies.