• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[Trigger] Item not being removed from inventory?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
3.PNG

So i have this trigger for combining items, very simple i know; i use this for a lot of other items and it works perfectly fine, trouble is the item 'Spirit Orb' doesn't get removed from the units inventory for some reason, i have no idea why, it's either me being dumb or some sort of weird glitch...

Anyone know?

Wrda

Spell Reviewer
Level 25
Try some debugging like with a message, just to see if the trigger runs within the conitions, just in case. Also try with item - Remove (Item being manipulated). If everything fails, then must be something related to the custom item itself, seems like the easiest way to fix that would be creating another item based on one that is removable and then edit all the relevant fields.

Level 8
Try some debugging like with a message, just to see if the trigger runs within the conitions, just in case. Also try with item - Remove (Item being manipulated). If everything fails, then must be something related to the custom item itself, seems like the easiest way to fix that would be creating another item based on one that is removable and then edit all the relevant fields.
I'll try remaking the item i guess; everything else in the trigger works perfectly, the recipe is removed and the item is given so it's literally just that one item

Level 8
Do you perhaps have another object in the object editor that has the same rawcode as the Spirit Orb item? Like for example an ability.
Not as far as i know

So what i tried was something simple, test trigger where if i pressed left arrow it would remove the item from a certain unit, that worked

then i made an extra trigger that was literally just removing the item from the set unit, and ran it through the trigger i posted above; that didn't work

i can't make heads or tails on why this isn't working

Edit: i just realised it's combining without the spirit orb in the first place... what the hell

Level 8
Okay it was the former, to answer the question on my first post

I was being stupid; the item and the recipe had the same shop tooltip, i had the item itself and not the recipe in the shop so of course it wouldn't combine, the recipe was never being manipulated.

Okay close thread sorry for my stupidity, thanks for all that tried to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.