1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

[Trigger] Item not being removed from inventory?

Discussion in 'Triggers & Scripts' started by The10th-X, Aug 7, 2018.

1. The10th-X

The10th-X

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    [​IMG]

So i have this trigger for combining items, very simple i know; i use this for a lot of other items and it works perfectly fine, trouble is the item 'Spirit Orb' doesn't get removed from the units inventory for some reason, i have no idea why, it's either me being dumb or some sort of weird glitch...

Anyone know?

2. Wrda

Wrda

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Try some debugging like with a message, just to see if the trigger runs within the conitions, just in case. Also try with item - Remove (Item being manipulated). If everything fails, then must be something related to the custom item itself, seems like the easiest way to fix that would be creating another item based on one that is removable and then edit all the relevant fields.

3. The10th-X

The10th-X

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I'll try remaking the item i guess; everything else in the trigger works perfectly, the recipe is removed and the item is given so it's literally just that one item

4. The10th-X

The10th-X

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Nope, remade the item, remade the trigger, both not working, what the actual hell

5. AGD

AGD

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Do you perhaps have another object in the object editor that has the same rawcode as the Spirit Orb item? Like for example an ability.

6. The10th-X

The10th-X

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Not as far as i know

So what i tried was something simple, test trigger where if i pressed left arrow it would remove the item from a certain unit, that worked

then i made an extra trigger that was literally just removing the item from the set unit, and ran it through the trigger i posted above; that didn't work

i can't make heads or tails on why this isn't working

Edit: i just realised it's combining without the spirit orb in the first place... what the hell

7. The10th-X

The10th-X

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Okay it was the former, to answer the question on my first post

I was being stupid; the item and the recipe had the same shop tooltip, i had the item itself and not the recipe in the shop so of course it wouldn't combine, the recipe was never being manipulated.

Okay close thread sorry for my stupidity, thanks for all that tried to help.