• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Item Importing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 20
Just import the skin file into your map, re-write the path to the needed one and it will replace the default blood mage/kael skin with the skin you just imported. Meaning when you place a blood-elf/Kael model in the map or somehow create them in-game via triggers, instead of showing the read blood-elf/kael, it will show the blood-elf/kael skin you just imported. Understood?

Level 30

It is a skin (.blp). You must download it first then extract it using either winzip or winRAR whichever you prefer then dont forget to extract the skin itself and if there are extra component in it, you should also include it because the skin itself wont work without the components but this only applies if there are component and if there are vital in the skin. After extracting it, in your World Editor, go to Import Manager then Import File then import the extracted skin file (.blp) and its component. You must not forget to set its path to the correct one. The path for the skin and its components can be found at the WinZIP or WinRAR file of the Skin or in the place where you downloaded it. Now, set the path for each of the skins and components and your done. At the WE, it might not show just save and test. It should show up in-game!

Level 20
I think he already knows how to import models and skins and other stuff via Import Manager, but he's having difficulty on figuring out what to do after he's done importing it...

Besides, the necessary path can not only be found inside the .zip file where he downloads it, but also in the main download page itself. And I think in this case there are no other vital components for the skin included in the .zip file, only the skin itself and possibly a README file (always read those, ..Nell..)

Level 30
I think he already knows how to import models and skins and other stuff via Import Manager, but he's having difficulty on figuring out what to do after he's done importing it...

Besides, the necessary path can not only be found inside the .zip file where he downloads it, but also in the main download page itself. And I think in this case there are no other vital components for the skin included in the .zip file, only the skin itself and possibly a README file (always read those, ..Nell..)

I just said in the page where you downloaded it.

@Nell
Dont forget to read the paths for the skin at the page where you downloaded, wel not the main hive itself the but the main page. But also you can know it at the Notepad file, it is also written there!

Level 20
I just said in the page where you downloaded it.

@Nell
Dont forget to read the paths for the skin at the page where you downloaded, wel not the main hive itself the but the main page. But also you can know it at the Notepad file, it is also written there!

I just said he could find it not only in the main page but also in the README file.

Status
Not open for further replies.