• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Item Ideas for Arena Map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
Hi guys,

I am developing a map, Archimonde's Arena, where players must work together to fend off waves of creeps. I currently have only a few items and I would like to add more before the next release.

Do you have good ideas that I could include? You would obviously get lots of credit! Here is the map (old version): Click Here!

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to PM or email me!

Thanks,

- Mr_Bean

Level 19
Ive played the map and it seems pretty ok. But maybe you could make it bigger. Bigger battlefield.

Here are some:
1. Lightning Necklace
- Same ability as the Lightning Revenants first skill

2. Creature Magnet
- Hurls all units nearby you

3. Peasant Pickaxe
- A peasant pickaxe. Gives x bonus damage to the holder if the holder is a melee unit.

4. Ultimate Pea
- THE ULTIMATE PEA. Gives the holder godly powers when used.

Level 17
Ive played the map and it seems pretty ok. But maybe you could make it bigger. Bigger battlefield.

Here are some:
1. Lightning Necklace
- Same ability as the Lightning Revenants first skill

2. Creature Magnet
- Hurls all units nearby you

3. Peasant Pickaxe
- A peasant pickaxe. Gives x bonus damage to the holder if the holder is a melee unit.

4. Ultimate Pea
- THE ULTIMATE PEA. Gives the holder godly powers when used.

Thanks for your feedback!
- What do you mean Lightning Revenant's first skill? Lightning Attack? What should I replace his ability with then?
- For Creature Magnet, do you mean it pulls enemies towards you?
- Peasant Pickaxe - I like that :D
- What "Godly powers" are you talking about? :ag:

By the way, did you find out about the map from this thread?

Thanks,

- Mr_Bean

Level 15
Yes, absolutely, just use
Event - Unit takes damege
But it doesn't work for generic unit, only specific, so you have to put every unit who picks up this item in it

Event: Unit - Generic unit picks up an item
Condition: Item type of (item being manipulated) equal to Gambler's Coin
Effect:(Trigger - Add Event (Item Manipulating Unit takes damage) to damage trigger)

Damage Trigger:
Condition:(Damaged Unit||I can't check it because I'm not at home but if there is no damaged unit function then just use triggering unit||) has an item of type Gambler's Coin
Effect:Unit - Make (Attacking Unit) deal (Taken Damage x (0.5 or 1, depends on how much extra damage you want to make)) to (Damaged unit)

I don't know if you can give the item the evasion ability, if not then it should be triggered too, but I think you can just give this ability customized with 40% or 60% to the item, then if the unit gets hit, it suffers even more. If it evades the attack then there is no damage to trigger it :D

Level 6
The Deadly Bean - Eat this bean and unleash a burning fart from your anus that burns all units caught in it, dealing 500 damage and knocks them back. One charge only.

Archimonde's Special Pizza - The pizza that Archimonde always eats. It's so delicious that even arena monsters are incredibly attracted to it and will do anything to take a bite. Throw this pizza at a monster and other monsters will attack the monster with the pizza in an attempt to get the pizza. Lasts 10 seconds. One charge only.

Dagger of Mortification - This dagger holds a deadly venom that causing the poisoned living being to be immolated from the inside and soon burst into hot liquids of blood and flesh. Each attack plants a buff that deals 5 damage per second and gives 50% chance that the poisoned unit explode on death, dealing 300 damage to nearby monsters.

Level 19
Thanks for your feedback!
- What do you mean Lightning Revenant's first skill? Lightning Attack? What should I replace his ability with then?
- For Creature Magnet, do you mean it pulls enemies towards you?
- Peasant Pickaxe - I like that :D
- What "Godly powers" are you talking about? :ag:

By the way, did you find out about the map from this thread?

Thanks,

- Mr_Bean

- Do not replace his first ability
- Yes
- Thanks
- By godly powers, like double attack, high movement speed, etc.

And I found it out by your sig.

Level 15
Archimonde's Special Pizza - The pizza that Archimonde always eats. It's so delicious that even arena monsters are incredibly attracted to it and will do anything to take a bite. Throw this pizza at a monster and other monsters will attack the monster with the pizza in an attempt to get the pizza. Lasts 10 seconds. One charge only.

Hmm and if the unit with the pizza dies it's killer gets the pizza! :D

Level 17
I am currently putting Archimonde's Pizza into the map. I am having trouble with the triggers though. Here is what I have done:

• Archimondes Pizza
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Archimonde's Pizza
    • Actions
      • Unit - Add Archimonde's Pizza [dummy] to (Target unit of ability being cast)
      • Unit - Order (Target unit of ability being cast) to Night Elf Mountain Giant - Taunt
Everything works fine until the effect wares off. After 10 seconds the enemies should stop attacking the unit with the pizza. Instead they attack him forever. Any ideas?

Level 28
The Cheese

When used, summons a ring of rats around the user. Rats are neutral passive, have disease cloud and only last a short amount of time. The idea being to create a wall around the hero if he needs to quickly throw some units between him and death.

Ring of Fire

Use to cast Firebolt at a target. On impact, a Flame Strike hits centered on the targeted unit.

Mirror Shield

Gives Defend and Magic Defend when used (switch on/off), possibly with a cooldown.

Wand of the Ghostwalker

User becomes ethereal (switch on/off). If user already has an item granting magic immunity (or tries to pick it up with the Wand equipped), both items disappear with their sellcost refunded.

Status
Not open for further replies.