• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Item Equipment System

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
Can anyone tell me on how I could make an item equiptment using triggers. It like this: A unit buys an item which is Maul of Strength (for example), then when the player clicks the item icon, the unit equips the item, and it shows that he/she is holding it, or equiping. How do I do it? Please help.

Level 12
It is going to be a little bit harder than that, you would need to store the special effect in some variable, so it can be removed when the weapon is unequipped.
Also, if you wanted the item to give some bonuses only when equipped, you'll need to add them with triggers, too.

IMHO it would be easiest to create two versions of the item, equipped and unequipped. When you click it, it switches to the other version (triggered).
The unequipped version does nothing.
The equipped has, besides the bonuses it provides, an ability that has the weapon model as effect, attached to right hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.