• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Item durability incorporated into Witcher's MUI Multiboard Inventory

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
The_Witcher's MUI Multiboard Inventory/Equipment System v.6.0

So I'd say knowing where these items actually "are" when they're "eqiupped", let alone simply inside the inventory is a mystery to me.

I'm sure it's somewhere in the JASS, but honestly that's my main weak point as of right now. (JASS knowledge)

But what I would like to accomplish is to have a way set that items have a durability say an integer (40) and the durability counter counts down relative to how many points damage it/the unit equipped with the item) say it's a 1 to 1 ratio of damage, Footman fights, takes 15 damage the durability integer loses exactly 15 "durability points"(25)and upon reaching 0 can "break" (rendering them unequipable, forcing them to your inventory, or just removing their stat bonuses, until "repaired") upon reaching 0 "durability" (0)

Bonus points if we can lower the maximum durability (35) of the item when it's "broken" and a unit "repairing" the item, can restore some maximum durability points, corresponding in some way to it's Smithing/Repair/ Leatherworking/Etc. skill.

Which I want to say custom skills such as a Smithing/Etc. skill should be as easy to implement as a MUI Variable?that could be an Integer Array? that say everytime you smithed/crafted whatever type of armor/weapon/shield/etc. you leveled your "smithing" (The variable increases?)

OR say you got a "skill point" on level up and a Smithing skill could be "leveled" via a Player Entered Chat GUI command, or an in game GUI talent tree type thing, anything really. I just more was curious if that could work for Custom Attributes and/or Custom Skills (Crafting, Smithing, etc.)
But I'm possibly getting a bit off topic here and honestly that may have warrented another post on it's own.

Status
Not open for further replies.