• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Item Combining

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im going to put item combining in my map but i dont know how to do it. It confuses me. Like to get a good item, u need 1(or 2) of an item and another (1 or 2) of an item. then when u have it in the inv., it removes those items and replaces it with 1 item that does more stuff. Like the custom hero line wars' immortal helm or the Executioner's blade. My friend knows how to do it but he cant explain how to do it. Lol

Level 1
Ok you can do this, its kinda weird but it works. I'm typing this off the top of my head since I'm not at home with WC3.
Event- Unit aquires Item
Condition- Item Type of (Item Aquired)= (What ever recipe)
Action -
If, Then, Else, Multiple Actions
-If Aquiring Unit has item 1
-If Aquiring Unit has item 2
Then-
-Drop Item 1 from Aquiring Unit
-Remove Item 1 from game
-Drop Item 2
-Remove Item 2 from game
-Drop Recipe
Remove Recipe from game
-Create (new item) for Aquiring Unit

That should do it. Hope that i got it right, and goodluck with your map.

Level 19
Item Combinations
Events
Unit - A unit Acquires an item
Conditions
((Triggering unit) has an item of type Item1) Equal to True
((Triggering unit) has an item of type Item2) Equal to True
((Triggering unit) has an item of type Item3) Equal to True
Actions
Hero - Drop (Item carried by (Triggering unit) of type Item1) from (Triggering unit)
Item - Remove (Last dropped item)
Hero - Drop (Item carried by (Triggering unit) of type Item2) from (Triggering unit)
Hero - Drop (Item carried by (Triggering unit) of type Item3) from (Triggering unit)
Item - Create Item4 at ((Owner of (Triggering unit)) start location)
Hero - Give (Last created item) to (Triggering unit)
Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the chest of (Triggering unit) using Your Effect
Destroy last created special effect

Level 2
Kidd|WhiteHeaven| this is the triggers you're looking for...
In order to make your hero create items I can give you a few triggers. You'll see that they aren't difficult to make and look perfectly:

Trigger 1: how to use an ability to make items...
First of all you need to make an ability with base ability "Spellbook". The spellbook is and item ability so don't wander why you can't find it in the hero abilities tab. After you're finished editing the ability you have to do the following: make another ability with base ability "Roar" or something like that and remove all bonuses and buffs. Remember to set the casting time to whatever you want so the creating of the item requires time, right? Yeah, right. Then put the Sword ability in the spellbook, change the spellbook so its a hero ability and add it tho your hero's abilities. Name the new ability "Sword" because we now're goin to make a sword for example. Now... of what is made a sword? A few pieces of metal, also you need a hammer to forge with and of course a firepit. Make some items called hammer, iron, sword, place a firepit somwhere and put a region around it. I'll give comments about the functions of the trigger. So now we are ready to begin with the triger:

Events:
-A unit finishes casting an ability.
Conditions:
-[ability being cast] equal to sword
Actions:
-Set CraftingUnit = [Casting unit]
-Set FireForCrafting = [fire 1]
-If [all conditions are true] do [then actions] else do [else actions]
All Conditions are true:
-FireForCrafting contains [CraftingUnit] equal to true
-[CraftingUnit has item of type Iron] equal to true
-[CraftingUnit has item of type Hammer] equal to true
Then actions:
-Item - Set charges remaining in [Item carried by CraftingUnit of type Iron] to [[Charges remainig in [item carried by CraftingUnit of type Iron] - 1
-Hero - Create Sword and give it to [CraftingUnit]
Else Actions:
-do nothing
-If [all conditions are true] do [then actions] else do [else actions]
All Conditions are true:
-[Charges remaining in [item carried by CraftingUnit of type Iron]] = 0
Then actions:
-Item [remove item carried by CraftingUnit of type Iron]
Else actions:
-Do nothing

I hope I was in help. And if you gonna use that trigger include me in the credits...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.