• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Item attack type / strong and weak

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hi,

I've given an item the ability to fire, but how do I go about making it so that item A is strong vs infantry/Organic but weak against vehicles/mechanical? and item B is vice versa or probably more difficult: item A deals pierce damage and item B deals siege damage? I don't see the option while modifying the skill or the item.

I've given an item the ability to fire, but how do I go about making it so that item A is strong vs infantry/Organic but weak against vehicles/mechanical?
Well, you can increase damage or reduce health for your infantry unit types and reduce damage or increase health for your mechanical unit types, I think. Something like this:

• ItemStrongWeak
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to X
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Unit-type of (Target unit of ability being cast)) Equal to YourInfantryUnitType
        • Then - Actions
          • -------- Increase damage or reduce health to have a strong performance --------
        • Else - Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • (Unit-type of (Target unit of ability being cast)) Equal to YourMechanicalUnitType
        • Then - Actions
          • -------- Increase health or reduce damage to have a weak performance --------
        • Else - Actions

Last edited:
Level 4
Well, you can increase damage or reduce health for your infantry unit types and reduce damage or increase health for your mechanical unit types, I think. Something like this:

• ItemStrongWeak
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to X
    • Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • (Unit-type of (Target unit of ability being cast)) Equal to YourInfantryUnitType
        • Then - Actions
          • -------- Increase damage or reduce health to have a strong performance --------
        • Else - Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • (Unit-type of (Target unit of ability being cast)) Equal to YourMechanicalUnitType
        • Then - Actions
          • -------- Increase health or reduce damage to have a weak performance --------
        • Else - Actions
Ok thanks, I'll play around with this script. Just a question before I mess about, A unit holds the item containing the ability that auto attacks, does the event still apply?

Status
Not open for further replies.