• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Item and Level Restrictions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I'm sure there has been a few questions out thee that need this, but I really can't find any, and those already posted are asking for help (like me) and have no trigger pics in them.
But I'm sure it's easy to do.

Here's what I need:
When a unit picks up an item that is not for his/her class, it stays on the ground.

I also need one like that, but for level:
When a unit picks up an item FOR his/her class, but is not at the required level, it stays in the ground.

Extra:
Okay, so I have another idea. When a unit picks up an item FOR his/her class, but is not the right level, a Dialog menu pops up and gives them a choice of 'Leave the item' or 'Put item in storage' IF this is possible, include it, also.

Everyones help is appreciated.

Note:
If you already have a link to a post that explains this, post it.

Thank you!
~PlayersFear

Level 3
here you go if you have any questions ask me them

Attachments

• Item restriction system.w3x
    14 KB · Views: 34
Level 3
nope it is actually really easy it is like this
for the first question
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit Acquires an item
  • Conditions
  • Actions
    • Player Group - Add (Owner of (Hero manipulating item)) to Player_that_pickedup_item
    • -------- You add Items that the hero may automatically use in the "or" condition here --------
    • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
      • If - Conditions
        • Or - Any (Conditions) are true
          • Conditions
            • (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Not equal to Tome of Power
        • (Unit-type of (Hero manipulating item)) Equal to Paladin
      • Then - Actions
          • If - Conditions
            • (Hero level of (Hero manipulating item)) Greater than or equal to (Item level of (Item being manipulated))
          • Then - Actions
            • -------- You add Items that the hero may not use in the "or" condition here --------
              • If - Conditions
                • Or - Any (Conditions) are true
                  • Conditions
                    • (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to Mindstaff
              • Then - Actions
                • Game - Display to Player_that_pickedup_item the text: Your Hero is not th...
                • Hero - Drop (Item being manipulated) from (Hero manipulating item)
              • Else - Actions
                • Do nothing
          • Else - Actions
            • Game - Display to Player_that_pickedup_item the text: (Your Hero may not use that item yet your hero needs to be level + ((String((Item level of (Item being manipulated)))) + or higher))
            • Hero - Drop (Item being manipulated) from (Hero manipulating item)
      • Else - Actions
    • Player Group - Remove (Owner of (Hero manipulating item)) from Player_that_pickedup_item
i could not figure out the extra but i tried

Last edited:
Your conditions are too specific. He should use item levels and classifications for armors and weapons.
The item levels should be linked to different increments in hero levels, not direct levels.
That item type thing definitely should be an Item - classification check with the tome changed to "power up"
This setup could leak so easily.

Why should I even bother with completing the trigger?

Note: No hostility intended.

Level 3
Your conditions are too specific. He should use item levels and classifications for armors and weapons.
The item levels should be linked to different increments in hero levels, not direct levels.
That item type thing definitely should be an Item - classification check with the tome changed to "power up"
This setup could leak so easily.
k good idea when i rote this i was sick so i couldn't think very well

Status
Not open for further replies.