• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Item ability problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I want to make an orb like the ones in the melee game, with a effect of the orb in the Hero's weapon and enabling the second atack of the hero, but i want this orb has feedback too, but when i try to put these abilities together the feedback ability is canceled :/ . What should i do?

Level 33
You want a stacked orb item ?
Like, lifesteal and feedback, in single item ?
That can't be done, as said, ORB EFFECTS DO NOT STACKS
It means, orb effect on a single unit cannot be more than one, as it will defeat other weaker orb effect
Top priority is the Lifesteal orb
If you put together all 6 items in your slot, each has its own orb effect
Reduce Armor , Lifesteal , Feedback , etc etc...
Lifesteal will work, because it has the highest priority in orb effect (this fact can't cbe changed, it's hardcoded engine in warcraft III)
Source: Complete Table Of Orb Effect Priority

Level 4
You want a stacked orb item ?
Like, lifesteal and feedback, in single item ?
That can't be done, as said, ORB EFFECTS DO NOT STACKS
It means, orb effect on a single unit cannot be more than one, as it will defeat other weaker orb effect
Top priority is the Lifesteal orb
If you put together all 6 items in your slot, each has its own orb effect
Reduce Armor , Lifesteal , Feedback , etc etc...
Lifesteal will work, because it has the highest priority in orb effect (this fact can't cbe changed, it's hardcoded engine in warcraft III)
Source: Complete Table Of Orb Effect Priority

I really just wanted the effect from the first orb you know, the orb circlying around the Hero's weapon and the Enable attack index, so the hero may attack air. The Orb effect itself should be the feedback.

I really just wanted the effect from the first orb you know, the orb circlying around the Hero's weapon and the Enable attack index, so the hero may attack air. The Orb effect itself should be the feedback.

just do this,

1) Create an item
2)Create a dummy ability based on sphere (A)
3)Open A on the OE, add the circling effect as an attachment then modify the attachment point to be hand,right or weapon, etc...
4)Add A to the item
5)Add feedback to the item

Oh man i didn't know orb of slow was so useful i can set this effect to whatever i want even to feedback. Really Really thanks.

I'm not really sure if feedback would work though since it is a passive...

if it does not work, you can create a custom mana burn ability with one level, no mana cost and no lightning effect, and make it a unit ability and use it instead of feedback... ^_^

note: be sure to set percent chance to 100% for all unit-type...

Level 4
It didn't work like you've said. :/ I was thinking in using the orb effect priorities that deskfull mentioned to try putting two orbs, using feedback and other ability with 0% chance of happen. If it fails too i will use your idea of using mana burn. Thanks again

It didn't work like you've said. :/ I was thinking in using the orb effect priorities that deskfull mentioned to try putting two orbs, using feedback and other ability with 0% chance of happen. If it fails too i will use your idea of using mana burn. Thanks again

^_^

I think maim uses the orb of slow ability which means, OOS based abilities will have higher priority than feedback based on that table...

Status
Not open for further replies.