• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

it did not work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
i have just downlaod some models and then in port them that worked but then we i went to place them on the map so i could see what they looked liked it said can not load why:sad:

Level 4
make sure that you save and restart the world editor. Some models require the restarting of the editor after their file paths have been corrected. Otherwise, I'd say your model is defective.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Multi posty...

I advise reading the rules to prevent future mistakes like this.

Firstly, import your model.
Secondly import and repath the texturtres correctly.
Thirdly, save the map and restart WE.
Fourtly, make sure the unit / trigger path is set correctly (triggers refering to custom models need to use 2 slashes in the opposite direction).
Fifthly, test and enjoy.

If this does not work, the model is eithor broken or you have made a mistake.

Level 7
Each model on the hive comes with a nice, handy tutorial. It's generally accurate.

Post a link to the model you downloaded so we can try it...

Level 4
yeah... problems dealing with importing models... What other models do you have in your map? Sometimes models are not compatible. Had to recreate an entire map, re-importing all the models. It sucked. If all of the above things still haven't worked, you're probably better off just not using the model. You have no idea how many times I had to do that. File size, poly count, doesn't like a Mac, etc.

Level 2
Firstly, import your model.
Secondly import and repath the texturtres correctly.
Thirdly, save the map and restart WE.
Fourtly, make sure the unit / trigger path is set correctly (triggers refering to custom models need to use 2 slashes in the opposite direction).
Fifthly, test and enjoy.

did all this and it work thank you very much
:thumbs_up::thumbs_up::thumbs_up:

Status
Not open for further replies.