• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Import] Model could not load

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Here is the model of custom World Tree , but WE could not load it , and show black green cube when place on map. And some anothers model have same problem although i can view them with W3 View tool
Please help me.

Attachments

• WTree.mdx
    35.9 KB · Views: 34
Level 7
And have you put the correct Import Path in the Import Editor? If you are replacing another unit model, enter the old model's path. You can get access to this path by downloading an MPQ Editor.
Some contain special paths, and they will work only if you put that path. You have to contact the author for that. Usually the model along with the path in a Readme file is given by the author.

Last edited:
Level 3
Have you tried saving your map, closing the editor and reloading it? Does it display when tested ingame?

World editor usually fails to display custom models when first imported in a map.
Yes i did that but when i open , WE say "could not load file: name of model"

And have you put the correct Import Path in the Import Editor? If you are replacing another unit model, enter the old model's path. You can get access to this path by downloading an MPQ Editor.
Some contain special paths, and they will work only if you put that path. You have to contact the author for that. Usually the model along with the path in a Readme file is given by the author.
I mean this model is pretty simple like doodad model , not replace anything. It a "wild" model i collected long ago and it worked normal before.
Recently i update WE to patch 1.29 .

PS: Is anyone try to import the model i attach above ? If it work , maybe problem is my WE

Status
Not open for further replies.