• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

issues with epic war.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Okay, so most of Europe is asleep, I'm in the U.S. Anyway, The issue I have with epic war is that people can just upload any crap, regardless of who made it, or If it's even been used.:eekani: So if there is anything good about the site, please help me learn the truth.

Level 15
You should use the "Report this map" feature anytime you see any fake/hacked/cheated material, or any material that is inappropriate or shouldn't be there. Make sure to describe the problem as fully as possible in the report, and be sure to link to any official sites for a map if you suspect a fake version.

Ash

Ash

Level 22
Epicwar's more of a bin, than anything else.

It serves the purpose of being a pastebin for maps, yet is flawed for that very reason; anyone can upload anything they want, without having to go through 'quality control'--to quote Elenai, I believe.

This means that lots of fake maps, hacked maps, whatever-a-maps are 'approved', in a sense, and people download them. Epicwar is too big to change, if you were to 'review' every map on there, then the queue would be longer than the hives, and that's saying something.

Level 3
although there is a lot of crap in there, if im looking for any updadtes for my favorite maps, or something new, i just click on downloads, which leaves the not-as-downloaded copies out of sight.

Status
Not open for further replies.