1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Rubbed the right way, the genie is out of its lamp! The 12th Concept Art Contest Results have been announced.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Lich King has a new champion. The results for the 19th Icon Contest are here!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

issues with epic war.com

Discussion in 'Warcraft Discussion' started by deathreaven, Jan 4, 2009.

1. deathreaven

deathreaven

Resources:
    Resources:
    Okay, so most of Europe is asleep, I'm in the U.S. Anyway, The issue I have with epic war is that people can just upload any crap, regardless of who made it, or If it's even been used.:eekani: So if there is anything good about the site, please help me learn the truth.

2. Rising_Dusk

Rising_Dusk

Resources:
    Resources:
    You answered your own question, you know --

3. Samuraid

Samuraid

Resources:
    Resources:
    You should use the "Report this map" feature anytime you see any fake/hacked/cheated material, or any material that is inappropriate or shouldn't be there. Make sure to describe the problem as fully as possible in the report, and be sure to link to any official sites for a map if you suspect a fake version.

4. Avex

Avex

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I reported 20 maps that had my EXACT terrain and EXACT units, I think it was Lopaki or something's DnD, I put in my email and told them that im the original creator and its stolen material on each map, just deal with it.

5. Ash

Ash

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Epicwar's more of a bin, than anything else.

It serves the purpose of being a pastebin for maps, yet is flawed for that very reason; anyone can upload anything they want, without having to go through 'quality control'--to quote Elenai, I believe.

This means that lots of fake maps, hacked maps, whatever-a-maps are 'approved', in a sense, and people download them. Epicwar is too big to change, if you were to 'review' every map on there, then the queue would be longer than the hives, and that's saying something.

6. Rao Dao Zao

Rao Dao Zao

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    But if you find somebody dicking around with your material, they're more than willing to put an end to it.

7. yuyuhakushi

yuyuhakushi

Resources:
    Resources:
    although there is a lot of crap in there, if im looking for any updadtes for my favorite maps, or something new, i just click on downloads, which leaves the not-as-downloaded copies out of sight.