• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Allow me to edit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
(First of all, I'm using a translator, because I still do not speak English very well.)

(also sorry if it was not the right place to post this thread.)

Well, it happens that I wanted to edit maps that are already old, the idea came up among friends and I liked it. It seemed like a very funny idea, and I would also like to show the map to other users.

The problem that worries me is that it might be interpreted as content theft, I would give all the credits to the original and I would even put the original map where it was edited.

An example: Final Fantasy Forever Release 1c by Xalterax

upload_2019-3-1_10-57-47.png

Final Fantasy Forever release 1c - Warcraft 3 Maps - Epic War.com

This map is already old, and it was always one of the most liked. But it is incomplete and I would like to finish it.

I have other examples, like:

Metal gear Maze v1.21(or 1.19) by Los_Tacos

upload_2019-3-1_10-58-2.png

Metal Gear Maze 1.21 - Warcraft 3 Maps - Epic War.com

or Legends Open RPG:Classic by Silvers; Revised by EvilPitLord

upload_2019-3-1_10-58-22.png

Legends Open RPG: Classic - Warcraft 3 Maps - Epic War.com

just to give a few examples.

the thread is only to avoid some problem, because I want to edit these maps, they are maps that I like a lot and that with friends I have fun playing them. I will give all the credits to the originals.

If I could have some permission, or just say "you have permission, there's no problem" with that I'm happy. xD

Thank you very much for reading, sorry for the inconvenience.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Depends on what you do with those maps. You have to credit the original author(s) and try to contact them before attempting to edit their maps.
What will you bring new that would make the old ones better or obsolete?

Level 1
Depends on what you do with those maps. You have to credit the original author(s) and try to contact them before attempting to edit their maps.
What will you bring new that would make the old ones better or obsolete?

I tried to contact the original authors, however they belong to the TDG clan and from what I've seen, it's a long inactive clan.

I will keep trying.

And in the case of maps, i have experience editing, i've learned a lot by observing the forums and learning from other maps,
i never appear in any forum because...¯\_(ツ)_/¯...you could say that I am a ghost haha :pgrin: i will work hard to improve the maps.

thx for you reply.

(I'm also disadvantaged, Xalterax and Los_Tacos they do not connect years ago.)

Status
Not open for further replies.