• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Development] Island Survival - Sandbox Survival Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kazeon

Hosted Project: EC
Level 33
Here is (probably) the last biome variation I will show: the swamp. Not sure if it's swamp-y enough tho.
swamp.jpg

There are some more biomes but they are basically variations of previous biomes with different vegetations.

Enough with the generation thing! Now it's to show something manually painted by me :D
This is the waterfall area next to the swamp:

waterfall.jpg

cliff1.jpg

underwater.jpg

The island is now very close to completion, it's done in roughly one night. Thanks to the generation tool that is.
island.jpg

For reference just how vast the island is: if you can notice an orange dot in that picture, that's the main character on the starting location (for size comparison). You probably can't, so let me help you to zoom in.

Left-bottom corner of the island
zoom1.jpg

Zoom closer
zoom2.jpg

Zoom even closer!
zoom3.jpg

There it is :D

Kazeon

Hosted Project: EC
Level 33
Talk about time flies by so quickly, it's a little bit scary to think that it's almost been a month since the last time I posted here, feels only like one or two weeks ago.

Anyway, I just want to make a little announcement that Island Survival advances to Compfest X IGI final stage, it's a game development competition.
:infl_thumbs_up:

I decided to make the alpha version public, so here is the download link: Verdant Atelier | Island Survival
You can also leave some feedback on that page. If you aren't interested, maybe this poorly made trailer video can tickle your interest a bit.

It's probably the last version of the game having such gameplay. I'm planning to change the game concept quite a lot.
I wrote quite a deep explanation about my plan for the game in this article.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.