• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Island Nations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Hey, this is the first big map im making, ive bin fooling around with editor for quiete along time but this time ive found an idea i actually like.

It is called Island Nations, and is a fairly simple strategy, but with more interesting races than most maps.
there are 10 players (nations) aswell as 2 player slots for a merchant player and a sea monster player (not sure if i should keep the sea monster player)

Each nation starts with a boat in the middle of the map and must land it on one of the 11 islands, choosing their race at this time. Currently the races i have decided on are Tuskarr (which i have requested custom models for recently) Trolls (maybe troll players will be able 2 specalise further by choosing island/dark/forest/ice) Makura, Naga, Murlocs, Satyyrs, Ogres and goblins.

The nation players then build their base/civilisation on their island, using their leader (their one hero) and their armies to defend their base.

The merchant player begins with his own boat, but can construct Shops, Mercenary Buildings, etc and sell items and goods to the players

The sea monster player (if i include it) will choose a monster race (Hydras, Elementals, etc) and then terrorize the nations and the merchant.

One interesting feature im using will the when a nation is defeated, that player must choose out of a selection of powerful, "mythic creatures" such as the Spirit Healer, Doom Hound, Ancient Hydra (because of this i may not include sea monster player) Storm Elemental, etc, these mythic creatures are intended to spice up the game and really churn things up whenever a player dies, and to make a player able 2 keep playing after his defeat.

To win, a nation must destroy all other nations. Mythic Creatures/Merchants etc cant really win, they are there for fun.

Any Suggestions, ideas hints?

i do need to know how to work gold incomes (taxes from buildings) and how to create player buildable gates/walls (like in castle builder, etc,) to emphasize the feel of your base being a nation.:infl_thumbs_up:

Level 5
Yes plz! what sorta stuff do you know how to do?
are u able 2 help me with any of the things i asked about? (tax incomes, buildable gates?)
do you have any ideas for races, mythic creatures etc?
are u able 2 do models?
ill take any help i can get :)

Status
Not open for further replies.