• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Isendra - Diablo II Sorceress

Greetings! After a few days of trial and errors, "modelling" and researching, I've finally present you all Isendra, the Sorceress from Diablo II.

Lore
Isendra was born in the year 1246. She was noted to be peerless in her magical ability, though had limited actual experience.
Isendra tutored Li-Ming, and despite their protests, they were both watched closely by the Mage Clans' elder Valthek. However, Isendra started to ignore the Clans' orders, acting in the interests of the people around her, discarding the warnings. Eventually, the Clans had grown concerned over her growing arrogance and willingness to turn to forbidden magics.

At one moment, Isendra tried to stop the drought (much like one day Li-Ming did for the people of Lut Bahadur). However, she lost control of her own spell, resulting in death of many denizens of the desert to the east of Caldeum. Immediately afterwards, a Viz-Jaq'taar Assassin killed Isendra. The state of her body and surroundings showed that the sorceress did not go down without a fight.

The truth about her death was not revealed to Li-Ming, although she figured that the Mage Clans had something to do with it.

Abilities

Passive - Elemental Mastery: Isendra learned how to control the magical elements, granting bonus effects on her basic abilities at maximum level:

Chain Lightning - Attacks up to 15 nearby enemies, dealing full damage to all of them.
Frost Blast - Slow duration increased to 10 seconds.
Inferno - Now deals 650 damage over the duration.

[Q] Chain Lightning: Isendra hurls a bolt of lightning at an enemy target, dealing 80/120/160/200/240 (+55%Inteligence) magical damage to it. Then, the bolt jumps to more 4 nearby enemies, dealing 15% less damage per jump.

[W] Frost Blast: Isendra blasts an enemy target with artic cold, dealing 100/150/200/250/300 (+50%Inteligence) magical damage to it and nearby enemies, slowing them down by 50% for 5 seconds.

[E] Inferno: Isendra drenches an enemy target with hellfire, dealing 150/225/300/375/450 (+50%Inteligence) magical damage over 5 seconds.

[R] Mana Barrier: Isendra creates a Mana Shield to protect her, absorving 50 (+10%Strength)% of the damage taken at cost of 8/6.25/4,5 Mana Points per 10/15/20 Damage Points absorved.

WARNING NOTES:
1 - Isendra have 3 types of Spell Animations: Spell; Spell Throw; Spell Slam. Each one of these have also 3 variants: One (Fire), Two (Frost), Three (Lightning). When creating your abilities on the Object Editor, use these animation names. For "looping" abilities you can use Spell Slam (my opinion and suggestion).

2 - Due to my lack of animating skills, Isendra's hair, black skirt and fabric stripe between her thighs are still. If you want, you can animate these parts, then PM me so that I can update the model and give credit :)

UPDATE: BlackTC skirt animated. That was the best I could do. If you want animate better, feel free to do so and PM me so that I can credit you!

3 - Isendra's skirt was supposed to have that black TC. However, ingame, it has the normal TC. If you know how to fix it (because I simply forgot) let me know.

UPDATE: I've had to export the TC12 to a new and "custom" texture due to more than 12 players in the new WarCraft III.

NEW UPDATE: Thanks to General Frank the Black TC Skirt is fixed with ingame texture!

That's it! I hope you guys enjoy this model and if you have any suggestions, I'll gladly accept.

Rubellu Sidus out...
Contents

Isendra - Diablo II Sorceress (Model)

Isendra - Diablo II Sorceress - Icons (Icon)

Isendra - Diablo II Sorceress - Portrait (Model)

Reviews
General Frank
Very cool model edit and great resemblance to the Diablo 2 character. Good job wrapping and particle effects.
A very interesting model edit, but it has some visual and mechanical flaws and bugs with it.
Please fix the following issues:
  • There is some major clipping with the legs and the skirt, especially in walk animation.
  • Some major twisting/shrinking with the arms in attack and spell animation.
  • Some minor flaws with unused textures
You can use Sanity checker for the last issue.

Level 20
A very interesting model edit, but it has some visual and mechanical flaws and bugs with it.
Please fix the following issues:
  • There is some major clipping with the legs and the skirt, especially in walk animation.
  • Some major twisting/shrinking with the arms in attack and spell animation.
  • Some minor flaws with unused textures
You can use Sanity checker for the last issue.
Hey, man. Can you indicate a good and free model editor for WarCraft models that can help me fix these errors? I have MdLVis, but I don't know if there are better editors.

Level 48
I really like the model, but I would recommend a different solution to the eyes. Those pupils look a little underwhelming for a heroic character - try stealing the eye texture from a different model, the Human characters and some Creeps (Razormane for instance) have good iris textures. I would also create a simple bone for the Team Glow background in the portrait and attach it to it, with no movement. It's a little strange that the background "moves with her" when she turns her head on Portrait 2.

I especially love to see those variations on the Spell animations. Although the same animation is reused three times, the different SFX give them each a distinct feel and will doubtlessly help mapmakers who wish for their mage character to cast from several schools of magic.

Level 20
I really like the model, but I would recommend a different solution to the eyes. Those pupils look a little underwhelming for a heroic character - try stealing the eye texture from a different model, the Human characters and some Creeps (Razormane for instance) have good iris textures.

I didn't like the Razormane eyes, they looks like empty, with no emotion. I could try with Evil Arthas' but even so it would look weird The best I could do is to decrease the size of the iris, but I guess that would only spoil its size, since the portrait is very small.

I've made a model once, I've also decreased the size of the iris, it was almost invisible in game portrait.

I would also create a simple bone for the Team Glow background in the portrait and attach it to it, with no movement. It's a little strange that the background "moves with her" when she turns her head on Portrait 2.

As with the Team Glow BG movement, its inherent to the original model's portrait, which is Jaina's. I don't know why Blizzard Modelling Team decided to make a moving background, but I decided to leave it be, since the major issue (to me) was the immobile skirt, hair and fabric stripe.

I especially love to see those variations on the Spell animations. Although the same animation is reused three times, the different SFX give them each a distinct feel and will doubtlessly help mapmakers who wish for their mage character to cast from several schools of magic.

Thank you! That was the idea behind the multiple Spell Animations. If someone use my model to make a Diablo Map or whatever Map, it would be helpful, since Isendra uses 3 elements. (I could've added Poison, but I don't think poison is an element).

Level 48
If you need more advice on places to look for, try the Human Paladins, they have various colours. There's plenty of iris textures around that aren't just weird beads. :p Also remember that you can use Geoset Animations to tint textures a certain way - you could turn the paladin's blue eyes into purple eyes with a geoset animation fairly easily.

In terms of how best to execute them, take a look at Jaina's portrait, or other portraits that use them. You could also look for inspiration on the Hive, plenty of modelers who nailed the in-game iris textures. General Frank would be a prime example.

I can also give a bit of personal advice, though it is not absolute, and is largely based on trial and error. I usually cut off the wrap a little bit at the top of the eye, because the perfectly round iris just doesn't work with WC3 style models, it makes them look perpetually shocked because they have no eyelids. I make the irises fairly large, but again, that's experimentation. Too small and we go into "shocked" territory again. Rotation and such matter a lot too. Here are some examples so you can see how I use them:
1620077967947.png
1620078056039.png
1620078314075.png

Last edited: