• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Is this possible? unit problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I want a unit to change ownership when it uses Death form(based on storm crow). When the unit becomes Death i want it to change its ownership from Player 5 to Player 12, for example. Both players will have full shared control/allied. That way I can keep player 5 allied with everyone and player 12 will just be there for when i want my unit to be Death, and he'll be enemies with everyone else.

So it's probably going to need a trigger with

Event- Ability is cast
Condition- Ability = Death Form
- Unit-type = Human
Action - Change ownership of casting unit to Player 12

I did this, and i switched unit-type to Death for when I want ownership to go back to Player 5, but nothing worked.

If anybody knows a working method for changing ownership(it's used in Dark Deeds), I would really love to find out what it is and I would appreciate it greatly :grin:

Level 14
Well, did you try appointing a unit variable to your unit?
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
  • Conditions
    • (Ability being cast) Equal to Death
  • Actions
    • Unit - Change ownership of (casting unit) to Player 12 (Brown) and Change color
    • Set DeathVariable = (Ownership-changed unit)
    • Wait 20.00 seconds
    • Unit - Change ownership of DeathVariable to Player 5 (Yellow) and Change color
I gave an instance in which the Death Ability lasts 20 seconds so the unit will be reverted back to player 5 in 20 seconds.

Level 5
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
  • Conditions
    • (Ability being cast) Equal to Death
  • Actions
    • Unit - Change ownership of (triggering unit) to Player 12 (Brown) and Change color
    • Wait 20.00 seconds
    • Unit - Change ownership of (triggering unit) to Player 5 (Yellow) and Change color
You don't need a variable, just use triggering unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.