• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Is this acceptable?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hello first post (Yay!) and I was curious about making custom icons for my map.

I'm creating a Mordheim themed(Games Workshop game...)map and I can't find icons that work and so I thought about taken icons directly out of the books. They are black and white but done in indian ink so it looks very nice and gothic. Also do you people accept different frames? The metal one is okay but I might edit it to a wooden one (to add to the tone).

The reason I ask is because if these icons look nice I'd like to submit them to contribute SOMETHING to this awsome site. And since I suck at 3D modeling and can't figure out how to skin then at least I can submit these.

Also if anyone knows WarHammer imagery I'm still looking for good Skaven models (the ones here are standing tall.... not very skaven-like). I mean unless there is a program where I can simply chop the head off of one model and slap it onto another I'm going to have to seek custom ones. For now I'm using gnolls cause they kinda look rat-like.

Thanks everyone, I hope I can be a regular here!

Level 3
You should be able to post them, because it doesn't say anthing about something against black and white icons. The frame though is strictly stated that is must be the metal one, but you might be able to get away with it. Go ahead and sumbit them, and if they're not allowed, they will simply be removed, no harm done.

P.S., where'd you get the idea for that name from? Oh, and I gotta say, I love your avatar, it's funny as hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.