• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Really anoyed over acceptable and not acceptable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I have about 39 icons from Lord of the Rings from my current map, I was going to submit them, but they dont have a metal border and since they are from a movie well its from a movie. This really pisses me off since i worked hard on all of them and i have disabled for all of them as well, I think i may just subimit them and say fuck you to the new darkey.

Now Im even more mad because they have to be .blp well all my icons are not .blp and they dont have to be to use them in the game.

Level 11
Get some border templates and cnp border on them. And seriously, you submit icons here for people to use them, so saying 'i will put them anyway in 3x bigger .tga or whatever format it is' is like saying 'kiss my @ss' to everyone whos going to dl and use them.

Level 5
Do you have the WC3 Image Extractor (the tool that allows you to find Blizzard's icons and save them as tga and blp format)? If you have that, open an icon, save as tga, black out the unwanted stuff and presto, you have a blank icon with the metal border ready for your CnP's. On another note, I had an icon that I submitted here and it got deleted as a result of the rule changes, even though it had the border, was a CnP from another game, in blp format, had the proper filepath, had the proper disabled version, and was not a CnP from anime/movies. It was at least a month ago and I'm still angry about it.

Level 3
The Style has nothing to do with it, they are from my map, and that is the way I made them and I wanted to share them with everyone and I dont think that there should be "allowed and disallowed" on the icons

Level 4
This isn't your site, and if you want to use it you go by the creator's rules, not your own communist ones.
If you want to host them online so badly, just make your own website and put them there.

Level 22
This isn't your site, and if you want to use it you go by the creator's rules, not your own communist ones.

Tonic, I think you might want to brush up on what communism is. Seeking variety as actually the opposite.

Let' see....
-All must conform to a single standard.
-No deviations from the standard can be taken.
-No variety is allowed.
-All style must be similar...only the one great blizzard-quality style.
-No exceptions.

Hmm...that sounds like a little more like communism....oh wait, those are the icon rules here...LOL...my bad...

Level 13
Ereinion Gil-galad said:
I have about 39 icons from Lord of the Rings from my current map, I was going to submit them, but they dont have a metal border and since they are from a movie well its from a movie. This really pisses me off since i worked hard on all of them and i have disabled for all of them as well, I think i may just subimit them and say **** you to the new darkey.

Now Im even more mad because they have to be .blp well all my icons are not .blp and they dont have to be to use them in the game.

your amount of effort is relative.. if you spend hours of extracting images from a movie, cropping them resizing them its a certain amount of effort, but anyone could do that, and it looks extremly bad, channel your efforts into something that might help this community, not fill it with additionnal crap that the authours finds "good".

Make freehand, its not hard, and its way more constructive than what you did. i am tired of massive cnps, screenshots from wc3viewer, recolors invading the icon section. the icon section receives about 10 icons per day if not less, it would be wonderful if more than 1 or 0 would be decent. not only by doing freehands its pleasant for the viewers, but it also increase your talents bits by bits. of course in 10 icons you wont become picasso, far from it, sorry.

stop whining, i can tell that no one would like non-bordered or bordered cnped lotr icons, just keep them for yourself, they were an agony for my eyes. im glad the rules are here and i'd wish them to be harsher to cleanse the dirt wandering in the icon section

Status
Not open for further replies.